SEEN: The New App to Help Travelers Find Hidden Gems
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s the link to sign up for SEEN, or head to the App store and search for “SEEN – Travel Community.” Once you’ve downloaded the app, enter the code “The Points Guy” to gain access.
Planning out a trip is a bit of yin and yang. There’s the fun part of figuring out where you’re going to go and how you’re going to get there. Redeeming miles for a flight or points for a hotel makes that experience even sweeter. But what about once you actually get somewhere? Do you look through thousands of TripAdvisor reviews or consult a paperback guidebook to figure out what you’re going to do?
Instagram has even become a popular way to search for some of the trendy spots, but it can take a whole lot of scrolling before you see something cool — and it might end turning out to be a dud anyway.
Enter SEEN, a new app and social travel network that helps you find the best places to eat, sleep, shop and play wherever you are. The app hopes to create a vibrant community that will help you discover that special place off the beaten path and a way to save and share moments with your followers.
SEEN is launching Thursday, and you can sign up here or by heading to the App store and searching: SEEN – Travel Community. Once you’ve downloaded the app you’ll have to enter the code “The Points Guy” to gain access. TPG is already quite active on SEEN, so you can follow him for one of his many tips for places around the world (full disclosure: Brian is an investor in SEEN. “It’s the app I wish I always had,” he says.)
SEEN has five main functionalities: discover, share, explore, save, create. Discover will help you find some of those places that the guidebook or TripAdvisor’s Top 10 list skipped. And if you’ve found a café with the best cappuccino or a rooftop bar with a view to die for, you can share it on the app — your followers will be able to see everything you post too.
When you’ve landed in a new city, or even if you’re just stay-cationing at home, you can pull up Explore mode, which features a map that marks the locations of different areas your peers have “SEEN.” Save all the places you’ve SEEN — or want to check out — on your profile.
One of the most useful parts of the app is the ability to create mini-itineraries for each city you’ve been to, by saving your favorite places in a list organized by eat, sleep, shop and play.
SEEN seems to be a bit Google Docs, a dash of Pinterest and a sprinkle of Instagram mixed into one. You can get and provide recommendations and inspiration from people you trust — like friends, families and influencers.
The company also plans on rolling out a newsletter that will highlight hot locations and influencers using the app, hoping to feed the wanderlust in SEEN’s community of travelers.
Make sure you download the app and follow The Points Guy, as we’ll be doing a giveaway and more for SEEN users over the coming weeks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.