SEEN: The New App to Help Travelers Find Hidden Gems
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s the link to sign up for SEEN, or head to the App store and search for “SEEN – Travel Community.” Once you’ve downloaded the app, enter the code “The Points Guy” to gain access.
Planning out a trip is a bit of yin and yang. There’s the fun part of figuring out where you’re going to go and how you’re going to get there. Redeeming miles for a flight or points for a hotel makes that experience even sweeter. But what about once you actually get somewhere? Do you look through thousands of TripAdvisor reviews or consult a paperback guidebook to figure out what you’re going to do?
Instagram has even become a popular way to search for some of the trendy spots, but it can take a whole lot of scrolling before you see something cool — and it might end turning out to be a dud anyway.
Enter SEEN, a new app and social travel network that helps you find the best places to eat, sleep, shop and play wherever you are. The app hopes to create a vibrant community that will help you discover that special place off the beaten path and a way to save and share moments with your followers.
SEEN is launching Thursday, and you can sign up here or by heading to the App store and searching: SEEN – Travel Community. Once you’ve downloaded the app you’ll have to enter the code “The Points Guy” to gain access. TPG is already quite active on SEEN, so you can follow him for one of his many tips for places around the world (full disclosure: Brian is an investor in SEEN. “It’s the app I wish I always had,” he says.)
SEEN has five main functionalities: discover, share, explore, save, create. Discover will help you find some of those places that the guidebook or TripAdvisor’s Top 10 list skipped. And if you’ve found a café with the best cappuccino or a rooftop bar with a view to die for, you can share it on the app — your followers will be able to see everything you post too.
When you’ve landed in a new city, or even if you’re just stay-cationing at home, you can pull up Explore mode, which features a map that marks the locations of different areas your peers have “SEEN.” Save all the places you’ve SEEN — or want to check out — on your profile.
One of the most useful parts of the app is the ability to create mini-itineraries for each city you’ve been to, by saving your favorite places in a list organized by eat, sleep, shop and play.
SEEN seems to be a bit Google Docs, a dash of Pinterest and a sprinkle of Instagram mixed into one. You can get and provide recommendations and inspiration from people you trust — like friends, families and influencers.
The company also plans on rolling out a newsletter that will highlight hot locations and influencers using the app, hoping to feed the wanderlust in SEEN’s community of travelers.
Make sure you download the app and follow The Points Guy, as we’ll be doing a giveaway and more for SEEN users over the coming weeks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees