This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Texas man was charged with battery and held on a $10,000 bond for punching a flight attendant in the face onboard an American Airlines flight last week.
The 24-year-old passenger, Colby Isaac Hilleary, could still face up to 20 years in prison for the charges of battery and interfering with the duties of a flight attendant, The Tampa Bay Times reports.
Shortly after the flight took off from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Dallas (DFW), Hilleary began to behave erratically. He ran to the front of the aircraft and yelled at a flight attendant that the “plane was going the wrong way” and “there are no pilots on the plane.”
The flight attendant was able to calm down the passenger and have him return to his seat. But soon after, Hilleary became “increasingly agitated,” and started saying “the plane has been hijacked.”
Then, Hilleary got out of his seat and punched a flight attendant in the face. Other cabin crew, including one who was the injured flight attendant’s wife, were able to restrain the passenger and handcuff him. The crew (there were pilots) immediately diverted to nearby Tampa (TPA), where Hilleary was arrested.
Hilleary has since been released on a $10,000 bond, but he is barred from all air travel and was ordered to complete psychiatric treatment.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Featured image by Angel DiBilio / Shutterstock.com.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees