This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Texas man was charged with battery and held on a $10,000 bond for punching a flight attendant in the face onboard an American Airlines flight last week.
The 24-year-old passenger, Colby Isaac Hilleary, could still face up to 20 years in prison for the charges of battery and interfering with the duties of a flight attendant, The Tampa Bay Times reports.
Shortly after the flight took off from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Dallas (DFW), Hilleary began to behave erratically. He ran to the front of the aircraft and yelled at a flight attendant that the “plane was going the wrong way” and “there are no pilots on the plane.”
The flight attendant was able to calm down the passenger and have him return to his seat. But soon after, Hilleary became “increasingly agitated,” and started saying “the plane has been hijacked.”
Then, Hilleary got out of his seat and punched a flight attendant in the face. Other cabin crew, including one who was the injured flight attendant’s wife, were able to restrain the passenger and handcuff him. The crew (there were pilots) immediately diverted to nearby Tampa (TPA), where Hilleary was arrested.
Hilleary has since been released on a $10,000 bond, but he is barred from all air travel and was ordered to complete psychiatric treatment.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Featured image by Angel DiBilio / Shutterstock.com.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards