Passenger Held on $10,000 Bond After Punching a Flight Attendant in the Face
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Texas man was charged with battery and held on a $10,000 bond for punching a flight attendant in the face onboard an American Airlines flight last week.
The 24-year-old passenger, Colby Isaac Hilleary, could still face up to 20 years in prison for the charges of battery and interfering with the duties of a flight attendant, The Tampa Bay Times reports.
Shortly after the flight took off from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Dallas (DFW), Hilleary began to behave erratically. He ran to the front of the aircraft and yelled at a flight attendant that the “plane was going the wrong way” and “there are no pilots on the plane.”
The flight attendant was able to calm down the passenger and have him return to his seat. But soon after, Hilleary became “increasingly agitated,” and started saying “the plane has been hijacked.”
Then, Hilleary got out of his seat and punched a flight attendant in the face. Other cabin crew, including one who was the injured flight attendant’s wife, were able to restrain the passenger and handcuff him. The crew (there were pilots) immediately diverted to nearby Tampa (TPA), where Hilleary was arrested.
Hilleary has since been released on a $10,000 bond, but he is barred from all air travel and was ordered to complete psychiatric treatment.
H/T: Travel and Leisure
Featured image by Angel DiBilio / Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.