9 Pounds of Cocaine Found on Fly Jamaica Crew Member
A Fly Jamaica crew member was arrested at JFK airport in New York City after attempting to smuggle nine pounds of cocaine through customs on March 17. Hugh Hall, the Fly Jamaica crew member, was arrested after authorities said he “could not get a leg up” on Customs and Border Protection officers — Hall attempted to smuggle the illicit substance into the US by strapping all nine pounds to his legs. The street value of the cocaine is estimated to be $160,000.
After Hall presented himself at Customs, he was escorted into a private room where he was searched. Authorities found four packets of cocaine strapped to Hall’s leg after inspection and was arrested on suspicion of importation of a controlled substance. He was turned over to Homeland Security for further investigation.
“This seizure is another example of our CBP officers being ever vigilant in protecting the United States from the distribution of illicit drugs,” Leon Hayward, acting director of CBP’s New York Field Operations told Newsweek.
Hall will be prosecuted by the US Attorney’s Office in the US Eastern District Court of New York and faces federal narcotics smuggling charges. Fly Jamaica Airways have yet to comment on Hall’s arrest.
Featured image by US Customs and Border Patrol.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.