This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Points Guy is seeking a few passionate and dedicated interns to join our editorial team. This isn’t your average internship — there are no coffee runs, and certainly no lack of work to be done. This is a real-world, hands-on newsroom internship, allowing you to write and edit alongside our growing editorial staff.
If selected, you’ll walk away from the TPG editorial internship with serious writing experience, tons of clips and the experience of working in a fast-paced and energetic newsroom. Whether you’re a points and miles enthusiast with a wallet full of credit cards, an AvGeek or someone who just loves to travel, we are wide open and looking to fill a number of positions.
Editorial interns will monitor travel industry news, research various topics, attend daily edit meetings and write news posts for ThePointsGuy.com. Ability to work on tight deadlines with clean copy is required. We’re looking for interns for the paid, 20-40 hours per week (flexible) commitment.
- Ability to work from our NYC office in Manhattan’s Flatiron District
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and WordPress
- Knowledge of aviation and points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Ability to write quickly and work with a team
- A constant state of wanderlust
- Photography/video skills are appreciated
Time Commitment and Compensation
A minimum of 20 (and up to 40) hours per week is required. There is flexibility in the internship start and end dates. And we pay our interns!
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you like us and why we would like you, and three clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to welcome some new faces into the TPG newsroom!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards