Many Flights Grounded in Boston and Surrounding Regions due to Nor’easter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Boston is taking the brunt of the latest winter storm to hit the Northeast, with more than 1,000 flights out of Boston Logan (BOS) canceled for tomorrow and Wednesday, March 13 and 14.
USA Today’s Ben Mutzabaugh reported that both American Airlines and Southwest have grounded all Tuesday flights in Boston, with Southwest extending the range to flights out of Bradley International Airport in Connecticut (BDL); T. F. Green International Airport in Rhode Island (PVD); Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (MHT); and Long Island MacArthur Airport in New York (ISP).
The National Weather Service has put out a travel warning for Winter Storm Skylar that extends through 11pm Tuesday, March 13. The region’s third nor’easter within the past two weeks has the potential to dump up to two feet of snow in parts of eastern Massachusetts up to coastal Maine, with wind gusts reaching up to 60 mph or higher. Blizzard conditions, minor coastal flooding and erosion are all likely, especially in areas that have already been impacted by recent storms.
Featured photo by Keith Bedford/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees