This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Boston is taking the brunt of the latest winter storm to hit the Northeast, with more than 1,000 flights out of Boston Logan (BOS) canceled for tomorrow and Wednesday, March 13 and 14.
USA Today’s Ben Mutzabaugh reported that both American Airlines and Southwest have grounded all Tuesday flights in Boston, with Southwest extending the range to flights out of Bradley International Airport in Connecticut (BDL); T. F. Green International Airport in Rhode Island (PVD); Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (MHT); and Long Island MacArthur Airport in New York (ISP).
The National Weather Service has put out a travel warning for Winter Storm Skylar that extends through 11pm Tuesday, March 13. The region’s third nor’easter within the past two weeks has the potential to dump up to two feet of snow in parts of eastern Massachusetts up to coastal Maine, with wind gusts reaching up to 60 mph or higher. Blizzard conditions, minor coastal flooding and erosion are all likely, especially in areas that have already been impacted by recent storms.
Featured photo by Keith Bedford/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards