Many Flights Grounded in Boston and Surrounding Regions due to Nor’easter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Boston is taking the brunt of the latest winter storm to hit the Northeast, with more than 1,000 flights out of Boston Logan (BOS) canceled for tomorrow and Wednesday, March 13 and 14.
USA Today’s Ben Mutzabaugh reported that both American Airlines and Southwest have grounded all Tuesday flights in Boston, with Southwest extending the range to flights out of Bradley International Airport in Connecticut (BDL); T. F. Green International Airport in Rhode Island (PVD); Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (MHT); and Long Island MacArthur Airport in New York (ISP).
The National Weather Service has put out a travel warning for Winter Storm Skylar that extends through 11pm Tuesday, March 13. The region’s third nor’easter within the past two weeks has the potential to dump up to two feet of snow in parts of eastern Massachusetts up to coastal Maine, with wind gusts reaching up to 60 mph or higher. Blizzard conditions, minor coastal flooding and erosion are all likely, especially in areas that have already been impacted by recent storms.
Featured photo by Keith Bedford/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.