Act Quick: Amazing Cathay First Class Availability Between JFK and Hong Kong
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It appears that seats in Cathay Pacific’s first-class cabin between New York and Hong Kong are wide open for award redemptions. As reported by View From the Wing, there are as many as four first-class seats on the carrier’s route between New York and Hong Kong. Check out these reviews of the Cathay first-class product on its 777-300ER product.
Note that in order to see the great availability, you must search for the route between New York (JFK) and Bangkok (BKK) — not Hong Kong (HKG). Availability doesn’t show up if you search JFK-HKG. To search, use British Airways’ website for availability and then call American Airlines to book. Most of the availability appears to begin in October and into the months beyond.
Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok (BKK) in October:
New York (JFK) to Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok (BKK) in November:
New York (JFK) to Hong Kong (HKG) and Bangkok (BKK) in December:
By calling to book with American Airlines, you’ll pay 110,000 AAdvantage miles each way in Cathay First between JFK and Hong Kong. You could also use 70,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles. You can still buy Alaska miles for 2.11 cents a piece, which could make this deal a fantastic purchase of miles.
Like when there was great Cathay first availability on British Airways’ website in April, be aware that this open space could be phantom. Wait until you receive confirmation before making any nonrefundable plans.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.