This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Although it might not seem like it just yet for those in the Northeast, JetBlue is ringing in spring with a flash sale. As part of the two-day sale, which JetBlue is calling “The Big Spring Sale,” you can find one-way flights from $33 and round-trip flights from $82. To take advantage, you must book by March 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET or local time, and travel between March 27 and June 20, 2018. There are blackout dates between May 22-30.
Because so many cities are part of this sale, it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page in order to find out exactly which ones are included. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available through Friday only.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $33+ one-way, $82+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March 27 — June 20, 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for $33 one-way:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for 1,500 TrueBlue points + $5.60 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $34 one-way:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $38 one-way:
Orlando (MCO) to Mexico City (MEX) for $81 one-way:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for $82 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $97 round-trip:
New York (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $107 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Aguadilla (BQN) for $127 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Mexico City by Maria Swärd / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees