This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Although it might not seem like it just yet for those in the Northeast, JetBlue is ringing in spring with a flash sale. As part of the two-day sale, which JetBlue is calling “The Big Spring Sale,” you can find one-way flights from $33 and round-trip flights from $82. To take advantage, you must book by March 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET or local time, and travel between March 27 and June 20, 2018. There are blackout dates between May 22-30.
Because so many cities are part of this sale, it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page in order to find out exactly which ones are included. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available through Friday only.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $33+ one-way, $82+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March 27 — June 20, 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for $33 one-way:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for 1,500 TrueBlue points + $5.60 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $34 one-way:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $38 one-way:
Orlando (MCO) to Mexico City (MEX) for $81 one-way:
Oakland (OAK) to Long Beach (LGB) for $82 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $97 round-trip:
New York (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for $107 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Aguadilla (BQN) for $127 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image of Mexico City by Maria Swärd / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees