Hawaiian Airlines and Japan Airlines Launch Codeshare
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Japan Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines have joined forces to launch a new codeshare partnership, effective Friday. As part of the new partnership, travelers can expect a more seamless booking and travel experience between the two carriers.
The partnership, which was first announced in September 2017 but did not go into effect until Friday, provides extensive codeshare benefits like lounge access and loyalty program reciprocity.
The partnership will allow for Hawaiian passengers to use 36 of JAL’s domestic and 11 of its international destinations (subject to government approval). In addition, passengers will be able to book travel for each of the airlines on the opposite carrier’s site, with the ability to earn reciprocal miles for flights on either carrier. Finally, passengers with Hawaiian and JAL will get reciprocal lounge benefits.
“We’re excited to extend our reach in Japan and welcome new guests onboard Hawaiian so they may experience our hospitality and the unique charm of our islands,” said Peter Ingram, president and CEO at Hawaiian Airlines. “We’re also thrilled to offer Hawaii residents the ability to earn HawaiianMiles while traveling to popular cities beyond our gateways including Fukuoka, Nagoya and Okinawa.”
As part of the next phase for the partnership, Hawaiian and JAL plan to create a joint venture through an antitrust agreement. The two will file the necessary paperwork with the Department of Transportation and Japanese authorities in April.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees