This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t Miss Out! Enter to win The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes before May 18, 2018.
Upside is announcing the launch of National Business Traveler Day (NBTD) to celebrate all those business travelers who schlep back and forth between work, home and hotels every month, every week or even every day.
In honor of the 2 million business trips that are taken every workday, Upside is holding a giveaway with some incredible prizes for NBTD, held on April 24. According to a release from Upside, NBTD will host “live celebrations” in airports around the country, featuring “thought leader events, non-profit partner tie-ins, and more.”
Upside was launched in January 2017 as an online travel agency offering discounts for business travelers. TPG’s JT Genter tested out the service and was able to save some serious cash with its travel packages.
The first giveaway is The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes, which will feature a grand prize of “free first class upgrades for life.” What that really means is $5,000 per year (for 20 years) to cover the cost of domestic upgrades*, so no upgrades on long-haul international flights.
They’ll be giving out thousands of other prizes too, including the first prize of “free first class upgrades for a year” and two round-trip international business class tickets on United, which can be used on the carrier’s new Polaris business class.
The first prize winner will be announced on April 24 and the Grand Prize will be awarded once the sweepstakes closes in May. Enter to win and view the complete details here.
Upside is also unveiling a tournament-style bracket of the 32 Greatest Business trips in History. You can vote on what you think was the greatest work trip ever, from Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride to The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, who racked up enough points and miles to launch his business and career in travel. The entrant who most closely predicts the bracket outcome will win $5,000. Enter to win and view the complete details here.
Featured image by American Airlines.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees