This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t Miss Out! Enter to win The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes before May 18, 2018.
Upside is announcing the launch of National Business Traveler Day (NBTD) to celebrate all those business travelers who schlep back and forth between work, home and hotels every month, every week or even every day.
In honor of the 2 million business trips that are taken every workday, Upside is holding a giveaway with some incredible prizes for NBTD, held on April 24. According to a release from Upside, NBTD will host “live celebrations” in airports around the country, featuring “thought leader events, non-profit partner tie-ins, and more.”
Upside was launched in January 2017 as an online travel agency offering discounts for business travelers. TPG’s JT Genter tested out the service and was able to save some serious cash with its travel packages.
The first giveaway is The Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes, which will feature a grand prize of “free first class upgrades for life.” What that really means is $5,000 per year (for 20 years) to cover the cost of domestic upgrades*, so no upgrades on long-haul international flights.
They’ll be giving out thousands of other prizes too, including the first prize of “free first class upgrades for a year” and two round-trip international business class tickets on United, which can be used on the carrier’s new Polaris business class.
The first prize winner will be announced on April 24 and the Grand Prize will be awarded once the sweepstakes closes in May. Enter to win and view the complete details here.
Upside is also unveiling a tournament-style bracket of the 32 Greatest Business trips in History. You can vote on what you think was the greatest work trip ever, from Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride to The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, who racked up enough points and miles to launch his business and career in travel. The entrant who most closely predicts the bracket outcome will win $5,000. Enter to win and view the complete details here.
Featured image by American Airlines.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees