This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on a flight in Sweden were surprised when their plane unexpectedly landed more than 600 miles away from its intended destination.
The NextJet flight departed on Monday from Sundsvall Airport (SDL), located in the middle of the country. The aircraft was supposed to fly west to Gothenburg (GOT), but instead it went hundreds of miles off course to the northern city of Lulea (LLA).
NextJet said it had to change the route last minute due to weather conditions in the plane’s original destination, Gothenburg. The only precaution the airline didn’t take was alerting the flight’s 34 passengers that they were going to an entirely different region of the country. The flight was delayed for three hours, and then it took off for Lulea, where the shocked passengers stayed in a hotel and were flown to Gothenburg the next day.
“It appears to have been a huge miss in communications between the airport in Sundsvall and us,” NextJet’s Marketing Director, Henning Lindberg, told a Swedish newspaper.
“I just laughed,” Roger Leirvik, a passenger on the flight, said. “What can you do?”
H/T: The Local Sweden
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards