This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on a flight in Sweden were surprised when their plane unexpectedly landed more than 600 miles away from its intended destination.
The NextJet flight departed on Monday from Sundsvall Airport (SDL), located in the middle of the country. The aircraft was supposed to fly west to Gothenburg (GOT), but instead it went hundreds of miles off course to the northern city of Lulea (LLA).
NextJet said it had to change the route last minute due to weather conditions in the plane’s original destination, Gothenburg. The only precaution the airline didn’t take was alerting the flight’s 34 passengers that they were going to an entirely different region of the country. The flight was delayed for three hours, and then it took off for Lulea, where the shocked passengers stayed in a hotel and were flown to Gothenburg the next day.
“It appears to have been a huge miss in communications between the airport in Sundsvall and us,” NextJet’s Marketing Director, Henning Lindberg, told a Swedish newspaper.
“I just laughed,” Roger Leirvik, a passenger on the flight, said. “What can you do?”
H/T: The Local Sweden
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees