This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on a flight in Sweden were surprised when their plane unexpectedly landed more than 600 miles away from its intended destination.
The NextJet flight departed on Monday from Sundsvall Airport (SDL), located in the middle of the country. The aircraft was supposed to fly west to Gothenburg (GOT), but instead it went hundreds of miles off course to the northern city of Lulea (LLA).
NextJet said it had to change the route last minute due to weather conditions in the plane’s original destination, Gothenburg. The only precaution the airline didn’t take was alerting the flight’s 34 passengers that they were going to an entirely different region of the country. The flight was delayed for three hours, and then it took off for Lulea, where the shocked passengers stayed in a hotel and were flown to Gothenburg the next day.
“It appears to have been a huge miss in communications between the airport in Sundsvall and us,” NextJet’s Marketing Director, Henning Lindberg, told a Swedish newspaper.
“I just laughed,” Roger Leirvik, a passenger on the flight, said. “What can you do?”
H/T: The Local Sweden
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees