Flight in Sweden Goes to Wrong Airport — 600 Miles Away
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on a flight in Sweden were surprised when their plane unexpectedly landed more than 600 miles away from its intended destination.
The NextJet flight departed on Monday from Sundsvall Airport (SDL), located in the middle of the country. The aircraft was supposed to fly west to Gothenburg (GOT), but instead it went hundreds of miles off course to the northern city of Lulea (LLA).
NextJet said it had to change the route last minute due to weather conditions in the plane’s original destination, Gothenburg. The only precaution the airline didn’t take was alerting the flight’s 34 passengers that they were going to an entirely different region of the country. The flight was delayed for three hours, and then it took off for Lulea, where the shocked passengers stayed in a hotel and were flown to Gothenburg the next day.
“It appears to have been a huge miss in communications between the airport in Sundsvall and us,” NextJet’s Marketing Director, Henning Lindberg, told a Swedish newspaper.
“I just laughed,” Roger Leirvik, a passenger on the flight, said. “What can you do?”
H/T: The Local Sweden
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.