Emirates Flight has All-Female Crew for International Women’s Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of International Women’s Day, which is on March 8, Emirates recently operated a flight with an all-female crew from Dubai to San Francisco. From cockpit crew to cabin crew, check-in staff to the ground operators — more than 75 women were brought together on flight EK255 on Monday. At the helm of the A380 aircraft were Captain Patricia Bischoff from Canada, First Officer Rebecca Lougheed from the UK and Purser Weronika Formela from Poland.
Check out the Emirates ‘Superwomen’ flight to San Francisco:
In addition to Emirates, Air India also operates flights with all-women cockpits and cabin crews as part of its commemoration of International Women’s Day. In 2016, Air India even said it flew the “world’s longest” all-women operated flight on its Delhi to San Francisco route. Other airlines have garnered similar headlines in the past, including Ethiopian Airlines and Air Zimbabwe, which have both operated all-women flights, too.
Featured image by Emirates
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.