This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In honor of International Women’s Day, which is on March 8, Emirates recently operated a flight with an all-female crew from Dubai to San Francisco. From cockpit crew to cabin crew, check-in staff to the ground operators — more than 75 women were brought together on flight EK255 on Monday. At the helm of the A380 aircraft were Captain Patricia Bischoff from Canada, First Officer Rebecca Lougheed from the UK and Purser Weronika Formela from Poland.
Check out the Emirates ‘Superwomen’ flight to San Francisco:
In addition to Emirates, Air India also operates flights with all-women cockpits and cabin crews as part of its commemoration of International Women’s Day. In 2016, Air India even said it flew the “world’s longest” all-women operated flight on its Delhi to San Francisco route. Other airlines have garnered similar headlines in the past, including Ethiopian Airlines and Air Zimbabwe, which have both operated all-women flights, too.
Featured image by Emirates
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards