Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $200 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
The Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air is offering cheap flights from the US to Iceland with fares starting at just $200 round-trip. Iceland made our list of Amazing Places to Travel in 2018 and has tons of things to do, like soaking in the blue lagoon or exploring the black sand beaches. In fact, there are many reasons Iceland should be on your radar — here’s just five of them, and here are seven ideas to start your trip plan.
WOW is a budget airline so if you want to check a bag or choose your seat, you’ll have to pay extra for it. Exact availability depends on where you’re originating from, but we’re seeing low fares for departures from March to June 2018. Use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly with the airline.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: ORD/EWR/PIT/BOS/BWI/LAX/SFO to KEF
Cost: $200+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March-June 2018, with slightly higher prices in the fall
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia or WOW
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Unfortunately, WOW doesn’t accept Amex cards.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $205 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $220 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $260 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $266 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by PhotoAlto/James Hardy/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees