Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $200 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
The Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air is offering cheap flights from the US to Iceland with fares starting at just $200 round-trip. Iceland made our list of Amazing Places to Travel in 2018 and has tons of things to do, like soaking in the blue lagoon or exploring the black sand beaches. In fact, there are many reasons Iceland should be on your radar — here’s just five of them, and here are seven ideas to start your trip plan.
WOW is a budget airline so if you want to check a bag or choose your seat, you’ll have to pay extra for it. Exact availability depends on where you’re originating from, but we’re seeing low fares for departures from March to June 2018. Use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly with the airline.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: ORD/EWR/PIT/BOS/BWI/LAX/SFO to KEF
Cost: $200+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March-June 2018, with slightly higher prices in the fall
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia or WOW
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Unfortunately, WOW doesn’t accept Amex cards.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $205 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $220 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $260 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $266 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by PhotoAlto/James Hardy/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees