Deal Alert: US Cities to Iceland From $200 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
The Icelandic low-cost carrier WOW Air is offering cheap flights from the US to Iceland with fares starting at just $200 round-trip. Iceland made our list of Amazing Places to Travel in 2018 and has tons of things to do, like soaking in the blue lagoon or exploring the black sand beaches. In fact, there are many reasons Iceland should be on your radar — here’s just five of them, and here are seven ideas to start your trip plan.
WOW is a budget airline so if you want to check a bag or choose your seat, you’ll have to pay extra for it. Exact availability depends on where you’re originating from, but we’re seeing low fares for departures from March to June 2018. Use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly with the airline.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: ORD/EWR/PIT/BOS/BWI/LAX/SFO to KEF
Cost: $200+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March-June 2018, with slightly higher prices in the fall
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia or WOW
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Unfortunately, WOW doesn’t accept Amex cards.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $205 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $220 round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $260 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $266 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by PhotoAlto/James Hardy/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees