This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Norwegian Air is offering a four-day sale on flights to the Emerald Isle. Outbound flights from Providence/Boston (PVD) and New York Stewart (SWF) into Dublin (DUB), Shannon (SNN) and Belfast (BFS) begin at just $90, with return flights about $50 pricier starting at $144. The lowest rates are in Norwegian’s LowFare class, which doesn’t include checked bags or seat selection. LowFare+ tickets include both options and average $60 more each way. For NYC-based travelers, the Stewart Airport Express shuttle bus offers direct transportation from Manhattan for $20.
Norwegian was ranked the world’s best low-cost, long-haul carrier by air transport rating organization Skytrax, and TPG staff members have enjoyed previous trips with the airline on other routes. At this price point, this could be just the nudge you need to try out a new airline and a new destination.
Routes: PVD/SWF to BFS/SNN/DUB
Cost: $243+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: April – June, August – 2018
Booking Link: Directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Providence/Boston (PVD) to Shannon, Ireland (SNN) for $243 in LowFare in April round-trip:
New York-Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 in LowFare in May round-trip:
New York-Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 in LowFare in June round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by FedevPhoto/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees