Deal Alert: New York, Providence to Ireland for $243+ Round-Trip on Norwegian
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Norwegian Air is offering a four-day sale on flights to the Emerald Isle. Outbound flights from Providence/Boston (PVD) and New York Stewart (SWF) into Dublin (DUB), Shannon (SNN) and Belfast (BFS) begin at just $90, with return flights about $50 pricier starting at $144. The lowest rates are in Norwegian’s LowFare class, which doesn’t include checked bags or seat selection. LowFare+ tickets include both options and average $60 more each way. For NYC-based travelers, the Stewart Airport Express shuttle bus offers direct transportation from Manhattan for $20.
Norwegian was ranked the world’s best low-cost, long-haul carrier by air transport rating organization Skytrax, and TPG staff members have enjoyed previous trips with the airline on other routes. At this price point, this could be just the nudge you need to try out a new airline and a new destination.
Routes: PVD/SWF to BFS/SNN/DUB
Cost: $243+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: April – June, August – 2018
Booking Link: Directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Providence/Boston (PVD) to Shannon, Ireland (SNN) for $243 in LowFare in April round-trip:
New York-Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 in LowFare in May round-trip:
New York-Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 in LowFare in June round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by FedevPhoto/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.