Earn 40k SkyMiles and 10k MQMs With the Delta Reserve Business and Personal Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express, Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
You can currently earn up to 70,000 SkyMiles thanks to elevated welcome offers available with the Gold Delta SkyMiles and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Amex cards, and it just so happens that the Delta Reserve is also offering an increased bonus. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card and the Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express are currently offering new cardholders 40,000 SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs when they spend $3,000 in the first three months of cardmembership.
Aside from the elevated offer, the biggest draw of the Delta Reserve cards is complimentary Delta Sky Club access for the cardholder when he or she is traveling on a Delta-coded or Delta-operated flight. Unfortunately, this doesn’t include free guests, though the cardholder can bring in two guests at a discounted rate of $29 per person. Other Delta-specific perks of these Reserve cards are 2x miles on Delta purchases, a first bag checked for free on flights, priority boarding and an annual companion ticket for a domestic round-trip flight (eligible for first-class as well as main cabin and Comfort+) upon renewal of the card.
Based on our latest valuations, 40,000 Delta SkyMiles are worth $480. And in addition to those redeemable SkyMiles, you’ll get 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) toward Delta elite status when you meet the welcome bonus requirements. Silver Medallion status requires 25,000 MQMs, so with the bonus you’ll already 40% of the way there — plus, you can earn an additional 15,000 MQMs (and 15,000 redeemable SkyMiles) when you spend $30,000 on the card in a calendar year, and another 15,000 MQMs (and 15,000 SkyMiles) when you spend $60,000 in a calendar year.
This card isn’t for everyone — it has a high annual fee and the Delta Sky Club access it offers you is available through other premium cards like the Platinum Card® from American Express. However, it could be worth it if you can maximize the annual companion ticket for first-class travel and if you want to earn extra MQMs toward Medallion status by meeting the annual spending thresholds. We’re used to seeing lower bonuses for the Delta Reserve and Delta Reserve Business, like 10,000 miles and 10,000 MQMs, so now’s an ideal time to apply if you’re interested.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees