This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it come to passenger shaming, we try our best to leave these stories to former flight attendant Shawn Kathleen. But this bizarre incident on board an Ural Airlines flight is one that we, unfortunately, cant ignore or unsee.
According to View from the Wing, a female passenger aboard the Russian airliner was spotted drying her underwear on a recent flight from Turkey to Moscow. The moment was recorded by a nearby passenger a few rows back, but the unidentified woman ignored it and continued to dry her panties.
According to passengers on the flight, the drying went on for about 20 minutes as those around the woman in question remained silent and in shock. As shown in the video below, the woman proceeded to turn the garment around, ensuring that every inch of it was dried.
“Everybody was looking with interest and confusion, but everybody remained silent,” one passenger told the Daily Mail. Despite some disgusted looks from other passengers on the plane, the woman did not take notice.
Featured Image by Ashley Jouha// Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees