This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
How’s this for a Valentine’s Day stunt? In order to promote the airline’s fare sale on Premium Economy seats, Virgin Atlantic took to the sky and created the ultimate symbol of love in the air.
At 11:37am GMT, flight VS850 took off from London Gatwick airport (LGW) heading towards England’s southwestern coast. The A330-200, named Honky Tonk Woman, climbed to 30,000 feet and reached a speed of 400mph where it started to make a right turn right past the town of St. Ives. From there the aircraft continued on and created a heart shape with its flight path. Swoon!
“We had a training flight planned for February 14th, and when we realized it was Valentine’s Day we decided to have a little fun,” said Captain JJ Burrows, Director of Aircraft Operations.
Virgin Atlantic had to submit a specific request to the UK’s National Air Traffic Services to carry out the special flight. Virgin is leasing the 16-year old A330 after it flew for bankrupt Air Berlin, which took the aircraft in 2011 from now-defunct German leisure airline LTU International. Virgin is apparently undaunted by the aura of bad luck that some might say surrounds the aircraft.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that