This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The time has come for the Virgin America Elevate program to completely become a thing of the past. As Alaska’s acquisition of Virgin America comes to a close — they’re now operating as one airline under a single operating certificate — the next thing to go is your stash of Elevate points.
While the Virgin America Elevate program officially ended on December 31, 2017, it was still possible to transfer any remaining Elevate points to Mileage Plan with a 30% bonus via a transaction on Points.com. As of Thursday, February 1, 2018, that portal has closed for Elevate members to transfer their points to Mileage Plan.
The good news that if you still have points in your Elevate account, they won’t disappear forever. You can still log in to your Elevate account. Once you do, you’ll get a reminder that the Elevate program has ended. You’ll then see both your Elevate and Mileage Plan balances side-by-side.
Although you can no longer manually transfer Elevate points to Mileage Plan miles, all remaining Elevate points in your account will automatically be converted to Mileage Plan miles by February 8, 2018.
Now that the Elevate program essentially now longer exists, it will officially be dead by February 8. The process of Alaska repainting Virgin’s Airbus aircraft with its new livery is underway, and the combined airline will roll out new uniforms by the end of 2019. Bit by bit, we’re seeing Virgin America slowly fade away.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees