This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The time has come for the Virgin America Elevate program to completely become a thing of the past. As Alaska’s acquisition of Virgin America comes to a close — they’re now operating as one airline under a single operating certificate — the next thing to go is your stash of Elevate points.
While the Virgin America Elevate program officially ended on December 31, 2017, it was still possible to transfer any remaining Elevate points to Mileage Plan with a 30% bonus via a transaction on Points.com. As of Thursday, February 1, 2018, that portal has closed for Elevate members to transfer their points to Mileage Plan.
The good news that if you still have points in your Elevate account, they won’t disappear forever. You can still log in to your Elevate account. Once you do, you’ll get a reminder that the Elevate program has ended. You’ll then see both your Elevate and Mileage Plan balances side-by-side.
Although you can no longer manually transfer Elevate points to Mileage Plan miles, all remaining Elevate points in your account will automatically be converted to Mileage Plan miles by February 8, 2018.
Now that the Elevate program essentially now longer exists, it will officially be dead by February 8. The process of Alaska repainting Virgin’s Airbus aircraft with its new livery is underway, and the combined airline will roll out new uniforms by the end of 2019. Bit by bit, we’re seeing Virgin America slowly fade away.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards