Alaska Ends Voluntary Point Transfers From Virgin America, All Points to Be Converted by February 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The time has come for the Virgin America Elevate program to completely become a thing of the past. As Alaska’s acquisition of Virgin America comes to a close — they’re now operating as one airline under a single operating certificate — the next thing to go is your stash of Elevate points.
While the Virgin America Elevate program officially ended on December 31, 2017, it was still possible to transfer any remaining Elevate points to Mileage Plan with a 30% bonus via a transaction on Points.com. As of Thursday, February 1, 2018, that portal has closed for Elevate members to transfer their points to Mileage Plan.
The good news that if you still have points in your Elevate account, they won’t disappear forever. You can still log in to your Elevate account. Once you do, you’ll get a reminder that the Elevate program has ended. You’ll then see both your Elevate and Mileage Plan balances side-by-side.
Although you can no longer manually transfer Elevate points to Mileage Plan miles, all remaining Elevate points in your account will automatically be converted to Mileage Plan miles by February 8, 2018.
Now that the Elevate program essentially now longer exists, it will officially be dead by February 8. The process of Alaska repainting Virgin’s Airbus aircraft with its new livery is underway, and the combined airline will roll out new uniforms by the end of 2019. Bit by bit, we’re seeing Virgin America slowly fade away.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.