Alaska Ends Voluntary Point Transfers From Virgin America, All Points to Be Converted by February 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The time has come for the Virgin America Elevate program to completely become a thing of the past. As Alaska’s acquisition of Virgin America comes to a close — they’re now operating as one airline under a single operating certificate — the next thing to go is your stash of Elevate points.
While the Virgin America Elevate program officially ended on December 31, 2017, it was still possible to transfer any remaining Elevate points to Mileage Plan with a 30% bonus via a transaction on Points.com. As of Thursday, February 1, 2018, that portal has closed for Elevate members to transfer their points to Mileage Plan.
The good news that if you still have points in your Elevate account, they won’t disappear forever. You can still log in to your Elevate account. Once you do, you’ll get a reminder that the Elevate program has ended. You’ll then see both your Elevate and Mileage Plan balances side-by-side.
Although you can no longer manually transfer Elevate points to Mileage Plan miles, all remaining Elevate points in your account will automatically be converted to Mileage Plan miles by February 8, 2018.
Now that the Elevate program essentially now longer exists, it will officially be dead by February 8. The process of Alaska repainting Virgin’s Airbus aircraft with its new livery is underway, and the combined airline will roll out new uniforms by the end of 2019. Bit by bit, we’re seeing Virgin America slowly fade away.
Featured image by Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees