You Can Now Use Your Commuter Benefits for Lyft Rides in 14 More Cities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Commuters will be happy to learn that Lyft is expanding its program allowing riders to use pre-tax dollars from commuter benefits.
The ride-sharing company has announced that it’s expanding the option to use pre-tax dollars via a benefits card to pay for any Lyft Line rides, Lyft’s carpool option, in a city where Line service is available. The option to use commuter benefits to pay for Lyft Line rides was only available in four cities before, with this move adding 14 more cities to the list. In fact, now every city that offers Lyft Line rides will have this option.
You’ll just need to add the commuter card your employer gives you to your Lyft account and then select it as your payment method before requesting a Line ride. The company says that you can save up to 37% when using your pre-tax dollars for the service. But don’t always expect it to be a super quick way to get to work, as Line rides are shared and cars can offer capacity for up to six people.
Lyft has partnered with WageWorks, Benefit Resource, Commuter Benefit Solutions, Navia, Zenefits, and Ameriflex — check if your employer uses any of those companies for benefits and you may be eligible for the service.
Lyft says that 42% of its passengers are commuting with the service. Uber also offers a similar option to use pre-tax commuter dollars for UberPool rides.
Line is currently available in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose / Silicon Valley, Seattle, and Washington, DC.
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees