United Pilot Hand-Delivers Passenger’s Lost Diamond Rings
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Imagine returning home after a long flight and realizing you’ve accidentally left behind your engagement ring. One San Francisco woman is thanking two United Airlines employees who went the extra mile to return some precious jewelry.
According to View from the Wing, Brit Morin misplaced her wedding and engagement rings while traveling on United flight 1908 from Newark (EWR) to Jackson Hole, Wyoming last week. Luckily, the ring was found by a United gate agent and given to a pilot headed to San Francisco. United’s pilot Captain Jim Mooney hand delivered the lost rings, along with a congratulatory note:
“So happy I was able to return this ring to you. From day to day, I take pride in getting passengers from point A to point B safely and on time. Today I’m happy to be able to be part of a team focused on making just one individual happy (you!). Congratulations on your engagement! From all of us at United Airlines!”
Morin later tweeted a photo of the note and said that she had a “newfound faith in humanity and airlines.”
I lost my wedding/engagement rings last week somewhere between New York and Jackson Hole. A @United gate agent found it, put it in a safe, and then gave it to a pilot to HAND DELIVER it back to me in SF. I have a newfound faith in humanity and airlines ?? Thanks United. pic.twitter.com/T342OGou5p
— Brit Morin (@brit) February 19, 2018
Thanks to these two dedicated United Airlines employees, this lost-and-found story had a happy ending. United replied to Morin tweet indicating that they plan to recognize the pilot and gate agent for literally going the extra mile for this passenger.
Photo by Image Source/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees