Track the Super Bowl Champion Eagles on Their Flight Back to Philadelphia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you’ve been living under a rock, we’re here to tell you that the Philadelphia Eagles won Super Bowl 52 on Sunday. Following their first-ever Super Bowl victory, the Eagles spent the night in Minneapolis. On Monday, the team is set to return home, to mass celebrations.
Since the Eagles charter American Airlines aircraft to take them to their away games and back, retuning from Minneapolis is no different. The team’s taking AA Flight 9475, operated by an Airbus A330-200 aircraft, tail code N283AY. The jet is taking off at 11:00am Central Time, noon on the East Coast, and you can see a preview of its route on FlightAware.
The twin-aisle jet is a former US Airways bird inherited when the two airlines merged, and like all of American’s A330-200s, it has been retrofitted. American’s retrofitted A332s feature three cabins: business, premium economy and economy. Plus, there are 16 seats in Main Cabin Extra. In the business-class cabin, the Eagles will find 20 lie-flat seats in a 1-2-1 configuration — allowing players to stretch out with direct aisle access. In premium economy, players (those who aren’t seated up front, at least…) can find 21 seats with 38 inches of pitch and 18.5 inches of width. And in economy, players, coaches and staff can expect to find 152 seats in a 2-4-2 configuration, with each seat offering 31-32 inches of pitch and 16.3-17.8 inches of width. The MCE option offers 54 bulkhead seats with 17.8 inches of width.
We’re just wondering who the 20 are who get business class for the ride home, but we can safely say that two of them are Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles and head coach Doug Pederson.
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees