This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2008, the Shorty Awards has recognized the best and most popular influencers on social media. The first-of-its-kind social media-driven awards include categories that range from “Best in Activism” to “YouTuber of the Year” to “Creator of the Decade.” The Shorty’s recognize influencers, brands, and organizations on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
This year, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, is nominated for the Best in Travel award for his contributions through TPG, along with Bon Traveler, Celine Bossart, Damon and Jo, Exploring with Josh, Fly with Stella, Juan-Peter Schulze, Kara and Nate, Kate McCulley, She is Not Lost, The Place I Was Telling You About and Travel Babbo.
“With an ever-expanding fan base of over 2 million followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as features appearing in publications as prestigious as The New Yorker, Brian is helping more and more people meet their globetrotting goals,” reads Brian’s nominee profile.
Winners are chosen through a combination of votes from the public on the Shorty Awards website and scores given by the RealTime Academy. Past winners include DJ Khaled, Michelle Obama and J.K. Rowling.
“This year will be the 10th Annual Shorty Awards — it is a big milestone,” said Gregory Galant, co-founder of the Shorty Awards and CEO of MuckRack. “We’re constantly inspired by all the creators that have launched their careers on social media.”
The 2018 Shorty Awards will be held April 15 in New York City at Times Square’s PlayStation Theater with live-streaming coverage at ShortyAwards.com. Voting polls ends February 22 at 11:59pm ET and users are allowed one per day. Users also share their vote on Facebook and Twitter through the Shorty Awards website for an additional one vote per social network, per day, per influencer.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees