You Can Vote for The Points Guy at The Shorty Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2008, the Shorty Awards has recognized the best and most popular influencers on social media. The first-of-its-kind social media-driven awards include categories that range from “Best in Activism” to “YouTuber of the Year” to “Creator of the Decade.” The Shorty’s recognize influencers, brands, and organizations on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
This year, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, is nominated for the Best in Travel award for his contributions through TPG, along with Bon Traveler, Celine Bossart, Damon and Jo, Exploring with Josh, Fly with Stella, Juan-Peter Schulze, Kara and Nate, Kate McCulley, She is Not Lost, The Place I Was Telling You About and Travel Babbo.
“With an ever-expanding fan base of over 2 million followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as features appearing in publications as prestigious as The New Yorker, Brian is helping more and more people meet their globetrotting goals,” reads Brian’s nominee profile.
Winners are chosen through a combination of votes from the public on the Shorty Awards website and scores given by the RealTime Academy. Past winners include DJ Khaled, Michelle Obama and J.K. Rowling.
“This year will be the 10th Annual Shorty Awards — it is a big milestone,” said Gregory Galant, co-founder of the Shorty Awards and CEO of MuckRack. “We’re constantly inspired by all the creators that have launched their careers on social media.”
The 2018 Shorty Awards will be held April 15 in New York City at Times Square’s PlayStation Theater with live-streaming coverage at ShortyAwards.com. Voting polls ends February 22 at 11:59pm ET and users are allowed one per day. Users also share their vote on Facebook and Twitter through the Shorty Awards website for an additional one vote per social network, per day, per influencer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.