You Can Vote for The Points Guy at The Shorty Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2008, the Shorty Awards has recognized the best and most popular influencers on social media. The first-of-its-kind social media-driven awards include categories that range from “Best in Activism” to “YouTuber of the Year” to “Creator of the Decade.” The Shorty’s recognize influencers, brands, and organizations on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
This year, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, is nominated for the Best in Travel award for his contributions through TPG, along with Bon Traveler, Celine Bossart, Damon and Jo, Exploring with Josh, Fly with Stella, Juan-Peter Schulze, Kara and Nate, Kate McCulley, She is Not Lost, The Place I Was Telling You About and Travel Babbo.
“With an ever-expanding fan base of over 2 million followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as features appearing in publications as prestigious as The New Yorker, Brian is helping more and more people meet their globetrotting goals,” reads Brian’s nominee profile.
Winners are chosen through a combination of votes from the public on the Shorty Awards website and scores given by the RealTime Academy. Past winners include DJ Khaled, Michelle Obama and J.K. Rowling.
“This year will be the 10th Annual Shorty Awards — it is a big milestone,” said Gregory Galant, co-founder of the Shorty Awards and CEO of MuckRack. “We’re constantly inspired by all the creators that have launched their careers on social media.”
The 2018 Shorty Awards will be held April 15 in New York City at Times Square’s PlayStation Theater with live-streaming coverage at ShortyAwards.com. Voting polls ends February 22 at 11:59pm ET and users are allowed one per day. Users also share their vote on Facebook and Twitter through the Shorty Awards website for an additional one vote per social network, per day, per influencer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees