This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scrolling through Instagram, one usually finds a flurry of travel porn and influencers who seem to have the picture-perfect life, seemingly traveling every week to some incredible international destination. But how does a normal, everyday person get the same experience?
Today we are announcing TPG Guest Pass where we team up with celebrities and influencers to show you how to recreate their trips using points and miles.
Once a month, TPG will partner with celebrities, athletes, photographers and bloggers — with the hope that you can get some serious “tripspiration’ to plan out your next vacation on points.
Our first contributor will be Josh Peck. Yes, the Josh from the famous Nickelodeon show Drake & Josh. Since then, Peck’s done work in voice acting, including in the Ice Age movies, and he’s starred in films like Mean Creek, the Wackness and Red Dawn. He’s got a hilarious YouTube channel and his Instagram game is on point too.
Peck is headed to Mexico this weekend, where he and his wife Paige will explore Cancun and stay at The Ritz-Carlton, which they booked by transferring SPG points to Marriott. You can be sure that his trip will provide for some amusing stories, which will be shared on both his (@shuapeck) and TPG’s social platforms — look out for a full recap on ThePointsGuy.com as well.
We’ll be announcing the next several TPG guests over the coming weeks, whose visuals and unique content will hopefully get you a full dose of wanderlust.
So stay tuned to TPG by following our social media accounts and let us know who you want to see next on TPG Guest Pass. We”ll be highlighting a bunch of unique locations and partnering with people who will bring a special voice to TPG.
Featured image by Soft Light / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees