This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to fly? You can now zipline for a full 1.7 miles, the length of 28 soccer fields, in the United Arab Emirates. The Jebel Jais Flight now holds the title for “World’s Longest Zipline” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The zipline really isn’t for the faint of heart, though, as you’ll be careening over rocky mountains at speeds of 75 to 90 miles per hour. Then you’ll be landing at platforms suspended in the mountain at 5,500 feet above sea level.
If you aren’t a thrill-seeker by nature, you can zip with someone by your side, because there are actually two twin cable lines next to each other. Who’s up for a race?
While there’s no age restriction, you must weight at least 99 pounds but not more than 330 pounds and be at least four feet tall (120 cm).
The zipline is located in the Hajar Mountains, which span the UAE and Oman. The best way to arrive is via Dubai, and then it’s about a three-hour drive from there.
This adventure doesn’t run cheap, though (and neither does Emirates first class), so get ready to fork over 650 dirhams (about $177) for this crazy experience.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees