This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to fly? You can now zipline for a full 1.7 miles, the length of 28 soccer fields, in the United Arab Emirates. The Jebel Jais Flight now holds the title for “World’s Longest Zipline” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The zipline really isn’t for the faint of heart, though, as you’ll be careening over rocky mountains at speeds of 75 to 90 miles per hour. Then you’ll be landing at platforms suspended in the mountain at 5,500 feet above sea level.
If you aren’t a thrill-seeker by nature, you can zip with someone by your side, because there are actually two twin cable lines next to each other. Who’s up for a race?
While there’s no age restriction, you must weight at least 99 pounds but not more than 330 pounds and be at least four feet tall (120 cm).
The zipline is located in the Hajar Mountains, which span the UAE and Oman. The best way to arrive is via Dubai, and then it’s about a three-hour drive from there.
This adventure doesn’t run cheap, though (and neither does Emirates first class), so get ready to fork over 650 dirhams (about $177) for this crazy experience.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees