See What It’s Like on the World’s Longest Zipline, at Almost 2 Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to fly? You can now zipline for a full 1.7 miles, the length of 28 soccer fields, in the United Arab Emirates. The Jebel Jais Flight now holds the title for “World’s Longest Zipline” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The zipline really isn’t for the faint of heart, though, as you’ll be careening over rocky mountains at speeds of 75 to 90 miles per hour. Then you’ll be landing at platforms suspended in the mountain at 5,500 feet above sea level.
If you aren’t a thrill-seeker by nature, you can zip with someone by your side, because there are actually two twin cable lines next to each other. Who’s up for a race?
While there’s no age restriction, you must weight at least 99 pounds but not more than 330 pounds and be at least four feet tall (120 cm).
The zipline is located in the Hajar Mountains, which span the UAE and Oman. The best way to arrive is via Dubai, and then it’s about a three-hour drive from there.
This adventure doesn’t run cheap, though (and neither does Emirates first class), so get ready to fork over 650 dirhams (about $177) for this crazy experience.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.