This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to fly? You can now zipline for a full 1.7 miles, the length of 28 soccer fields, in the United Arab Emirates. The Jebel Jais Flight now holds the title for “World’s Longest Zipline” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The zipline really isn’t for the faint of heart, though, as you’ll be careening over rocky mountains at speeds of 75 to 90 miles per hour. Then you’ll be landing at platforms suspended in the mountain at 5,500 feet above sea level.
If you aren’t a thrill-seeker by nature, you can zip with someone by your side, because there are actually two twin cable lines next to each other. Who’s up for a race?
While there’s no age restriction, you must weight at least 99 pounds but not more than 330 pounds and be at least four feet tall (120 cm).
The zipline is located in the Hajar Mountains, which span the UAE and Oman. The best way to arrive is via Dubai, and then it’s about a three-hour drive from there.
This adventure doesn’t run cheap, though (and neither does Emirates first class), so get ready to fork over 650 dirhams (about $177) for this crazy experience.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that