This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to fly? You can now zipline for a full 1.7 miles, the length of 28 soccer fields, in the United Arab Emirates. The Jebel Jais Flight now holds the title for “World’s Longest Zipline” in the Guinness Book of World Records.
The zipline really isn’t for the faint of heart, though, as you’ll be careening over rocky mountains at speeds of 75 to 90 miles per hour. Then you’ll be landing at platforms suspended in the mountain at 5,500 feet above sea level.
If you aren’t a thrill-seeker by nature, you can zip with someone by your side, because there are actually two twin cable lines next to each other. Who’s up for a race?
While there’s no age restriction, you must weight at least 99 pounds but not more than 330 pounds and be at least four feet tall (120 cm).
The zipline is located in the Hajar Mountains, which span the UAE and Oman. The best way to arrive is via Dubai, and then it’s about a three-hour drive from there.
This adventure doesn’t run cheap, though (and neither does Emirates first class), so get ready to fork over 650 dirhams (about $177) for this crazy experience.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards