This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic is thanking its employees in a quite a special way. On Tuesday, the airline unveiled a special new “Thank You” honoring its 9,000 people.
The Airbus A340-600, registered G-VNAP, is now decked out with “a big Virgin Atlantic thank you” painted on the side of its fuselage.
“The people of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays have made our business and our brand what it is today. They’re both our magic ingredient and our greatest strength,” said Craig Kreeger, CEO of Virgin Atlantic, in a statement.
Towards the plane’s nose is a smaller, upright version of the “Flying Lady” which also appears on Virgin’s 787 Dreamliner. The message measures 7 feet high and 152 long. The aircraft bears the name Sleeping Beauty, and for the occasion has been renamed “Sleeping Beauty Rejuvenated.”
Virgin has a history of creating special one-off liveries for its aircraft — including Austin Power and Harry Potter themed paint jobs. Other airlines create special themed liveries, like EVA’s famous Hello Kitty 777 and ANA’s fleet of wide-body Boeing “Star Wars” jets.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards