This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic is thanking its employees in a quite a special way. On Tuesday, the airline unveiled a special new “Thank You” honoring its 9,000 people.
The Airbus A340-600, registered G-VNAP, is now decked out with “a big Virgin Atlantic thank you” painted on the side of its fuselage.
“The people of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays have made our business and our brand what it is today. They’re both our magic ingredient and our greatest strength,” said Craig Kreeger, CEO of Virgin Atlantic, in a statement.
Towards the plane’s nose is a smaller, upright version of the “Flying Lady” which also appears on Virgin’s 787 Dreamliner. The message measures 7 feet high and 152 long. The aircraft bears the name Sleeping Beauty, and for the occasion has been renamed “Sleeping Beauty Rejuvenated.”
Virgin has a history of creating special one-off liveries for its aircraft — including Austin Power and Harry Potter themed paint jobs. Other airlines create special themed liveries, like EVA’s famous Hello Kitty 777 and ANA’s fleet of wide-body Boeing “Star Wars” jets.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees