See Virgin Atlantic’s New Thank You Colors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic is thanking its employees in a quite a special way. On Tuesday, the airline unveiled a special new “Thank You” honoring its 9,000 people.
The Airbus A340-600, registered G-VNAP, is now decked out with “a big Virgin Atlantic thank you” painted on the side of its fuselage.
“The people of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays have made our business and our brand what it is today. They’re both our magic ingredient and our greatest strength,” said Craig Kreeger, CEO of Virgin Atlantic, in a statement.
Towards the plane’s nose is a smaller, upright version of the “Flying Lady” which also appears on Virgin’s 787 Dreamliner. The message measures 7 feet high and 152 long. The aircraft bears the name Sleeping Beauty, and for the occasion has been renamed “Sleeping Beauty Rejuvenated.”
Virgin has a history of creating special one-off liveries for its aircraft — including Austin Power and Harry Potter themed paint jobs. Other airlines create special themed liveries, like EVA’s famous Hello Kitty 777 and ANA’s fleet of wide-body Boeing “Star Wars” jets.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.