Earn up to 20% Back on Hotels, Miracle Landing in California, Flying an Empty A380 and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
A small plane departing from San Diego to Van Nuys made an emergency landing on a Southern California highway when its engine started failing. Emergency responders called the landing a “complete miracle.”
Read TPG Senior Editor Julian Mark Kheel’s take on the coach-class experience on Emirates’ fifth-freedom flight between New York (JFK) and Milan (MXP) aboard its A380.
With American Airlines’ reduced mileage awards, passengers can save between 1,000 and 7,500 miles per round-trip flight, depending on the route and the type of AA co-branded card you have.
Fitness model and Instagram star, Jet Selter, was kicked off an American Airlines flight after getting in an argument with the flight’s crew.
Take a look at how you can use the United Excursionist perk to travel more in 2018 using fewer miles.
After learning that American Airlines flight attendants will be able to give passengers in-flight compensation, we wanted to know more. Here’s what we found out regarding what kinds of situations could get you some free miles.
TSA PreCheck Now Available With Five New International and Domestic Airlines
One of the best parts of TSA PreCheck, aside from the shorter security lines, is that the program keeps expanding. Take a look to see which airlines have begun participating in the program.
The Starbucks credit card has finally arrived. On Thursday, Starbucks and Chase launched the co-branded Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, a card that allows you to earn Starbucks Rewards stars on non-Starbucks purchases.
In other news…
Sign up for Singapore’s KrisFlyer Program to get 1,000 Free Miles
If you sign up now to become a KrisFlyer member, you’ll automatically receive 1,000 KrisFlyer miles. Just enter the promo code in your email when completing the KrisFlyer application and you’ll be ready to redeem your miles immediately.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees