Lufthansa’s New Look, Best First-Class Options on the A380, Delta Ups Its Game in Austin and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
Lufthansa unveiled its new livery at an event in Frankfurt this week. The airline got rid of its classic yellow that has come to define the airline over the years. How do you feel about its new look?
Flying on the massive, double-decker Airbus A380s is truly a unique experience, and flying first class makes it that much more special. Check out which airlines offer the best first-class options on their respective A380s.
Delta detailed plans to open a new SkyClub in Austin (AUS) by Spring 2019. The airline also announced new routes to Cincinnati, better connecting the Texas city with the airline’s network.
Follow the evolution of the look of Germany’s flag carrier throughout the years — from its beginning in the 1950s to its latest iteration that was unveiled in Frankfurt this week.
Hilton is offering up to a 100% bonus when you purchase Honors points — but the offer won’t last long. Here’s what you need to know.
Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) is the second-busiest airport in India, carrying 45 million passengers per year. This week, the Mumbai Airport broke its own record for most fights on one runway.
WOW Air offers amazingly cheap fares to Iceland and Europe but the airline also tacks on fees for everything from seat assignments to food. TPG Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew on WOW Air’s ‘Biz’ class and had a few thoughts on the experience — check out the full review here.
On February 6, people across the country received a severe weather alert stating that there was a tsunami warning in effect. The warning was sent in error but the message still left people confused.
In other news…
Silvercar Adds Another City to Its Expanding Network
Silvercar announced this week that it’s adding Tampa, Florida to its ever-expanding network. You can start reserving your Audi A4 or Q5 now for drives starting February 26, 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees