Lufthansa’s New Look, Best First-Class Options on the A380, Delta Ups Its Game in Austin and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week.
Lufthansa unveiled its new livery at an event in Frankfurt this week. The airline got rid of its classic yellow that has come to define the airline over the years. How do you feel about its new look?
Flying on the massive, double-decker Airbus A380s is truly a unique experience, and flying first class makes it that much more special. Check out which airlines offer the best first-class options on their respective A380s.
Delta detailed plans to open a new SkyClub in Austin (AUS) by Spring 2019. The airline also announced new routes to Cincinnati, better connecting the Texas city with the airline’s network.
Follow the evolution of the look of Germany’s flag carrier throughout the years — from its beginning in the 1950s to its latest iteration that was unveiled in Frankfurt this week.
Hilton is offering up to a 100% bonus when you purchase Honors points — but the offer won’t last long. Here’s what you need to know.
Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM) is the second-busiest airport in India, carrying 45 million passengers per year. This week, the Mumbai Airport broke its own record for most fights on one runway.
WOW Air offers amazingly cheap fares to Iceland and Europe but the airline also tacks on fees for everything from seat assignments to food. TPG Managing Editor Alberto Riva flew on WOW Air’s ‘Biz’ class and had a few thoughts on the experience — check out the full review here.
On February 6, people across the country received a severe weather alert stating that there was a tsunami warning in effect. The warning was sent in error but the message still left people confused.
In other news…
Silvercar Adds Another City to Its Expanding Network
Silvercar announced this week that it’s adding Tampa, Florida to its ever-expanding network. You can start reserving your Audi A4 or Q5 now for drives starting February 26, 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.