This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TSA PreCheck is a must, even for passengers who don’t travel all that frequently. And, one of the best parts of the program is that it’s consistently expanding by adding new airlines. On Thursday, the Transportation Security Administration announced that it’s adding five additional domestic and international airlines to the PreCheck program.
The five new partnering airlines include:
With Thursday’s announcement, a total of 47 airlines — both domestic and international — offer PreCheck as an option to passengers. All of the major US carriers now participate in the program, which offers expedited screening, including not needing to remove shoes and laptops from bags, at more than 200 airports around the country. Some US territories, such as Puerto Rico and Guam, also offer PreCheck for eligible passengers.
While there are many airlines that now offer PreCheck to passengers departing the US, there are still some exceptions, such as if your boarding pass is tagged with the dreaded Secondary Security Screening Selection (SSSS). That being said, PreCheck is worth having — especially knowing that it comes for free with a fee credit from several credit cards.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees