This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time, you can get up to a 50% when you purchase JetBlue TrueBlue points. The tiered promo lasts through March 2, 2018 and the bonus kicks in when you purchase a minimum of 3,000 points — the more points you buy, the higher your bonus will be:
Here’s how the promotion breaks down:
- Purchase 3,000-9,000 points: Get a 20% bonus
- Purchase 10,000-19,5000 points: Get a 30% bonus
- Purchase 20,000-29,500 points: Get a 40% bonus
- Purchase 30,000+ points: Get a 50% bonus
TrueBlue points typically cost 3.7 cents apiece including the tax recovery fee, but this promotion will lower the cost to as little as 1.97 cents per point when you buy 30,000 points for $886.88 (including tax) and get 15,000 points due to the 50% bonus.
TPG values TrueBlue points at 1.3 cents apiece, so even with the largest bonus you’re still paying more than what these TrueBlue points are typically worth. However, if you’re just a bit shy of an award flight, buying enough points to bridge the gap could make sense — and this promotion will at least let you do that at a discount.
Note that you can purchase a maximum of 30,000 points per transaction, and a maximum of 120,000 points per calendar year. Additionally, remember that JetBlue point purchases are processed by Points.com, so you won’t earn bonus rewards for using the JetBlue Plus Card or another co-branded option. If you’re looking to maximize your return on spending here, your best bet would be the Chase Freedom Unlimited, which earns 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points on every purchase.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees