This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time, you can get up to a 50% when you purchase JetBlue TrueBlue points. The tiered promo lasts through March 2, 2018 and the bonus kicks in when you purchase a minimum of 3,000 points — the more points you buy, the higher your bonus will be:
Here’s how the promotion breaks down:
- Purchase 3,000-9,000 points: Get a 20% bonus
- Purchase 10,000-19,5000 points: Get a 30% bonus
- Purchase 20,000-29,500 points: Get a 40% bonus
- Purchase 30,000+ points: Get a 50% bonus
TrueBlue points typically cost 3.7 cents apiece including the tax recovery fee, but this promotion will lower the cost to as little as 1.97 cents per point when you buy 30,000 points for $886.88 (including tax) and get 15,000 points due to the 50% bonus.
TPG values TrueBlue points at 1.3 cents apiece, so even with the largest bonus you’re still paying more than what these TrueBlue points are typically worth. However, if you’re just a bit shy of an award flight, buying enough points to bridge the gap could make sense — and this promotion will at least let you do that at a discount.
Note that you can purchase a maximum of 30,000 points per transaction, and a maximum of 120,000 points per calendar year. Additionally, remember that JetBlue point purchases are processed by Points.com, so you won’t earn bonus rewards for using the JetBlue Plus Card or another co-branded option. If you’re looking to maximize your return on spending here, your best bet would be the Chase Freedom Unlimited, which earns 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points on every purchase.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards