This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreams of living in life-size versions of Monopoly, Scrabble and Jumanji are a reality at this 13-bedroom Airbnb rental in Clermont, Florida. And that’s just the beginning — the creator of this game-themed house, Andrew Greenstein, transformed every nook and cranny of this sprawling “Great Escape Lakeside” home.
When visitors roll up to Greenstein’s home-turned-gameshow set, they’re greeted by a Monopoly Man dangling from the roof. From there, the house and its yard become a playground for all ages. Think: human bowling, largest word search in the Western hemisphere, a laser maze, human foosball and movie theater…just to name a few highlights.
Each of the 13 bedrooms have a specific theme, ranging from a carnival bedroom complete with Zoltar the fortuneteller (from the movie, Big), a Las Vegas room for those 21 and older (the slots don’t offer actual prizes, though), and a Monopoly-inspired room. Scrabble, Clue and an infirmary that looks like Operation are also featured room themes. “I wanted to create it like you’re in the board,” Greenstein told The Orlando Sentinel.
Greenstein created his ‘Great Escape’ after hitting it big with the internet boom in the late 1990s. After his success, he was able to transform his property into a sprawling game-inspired estate, complete with lake views, lazy river and mini waterpark. The property can fit up to 43 guests, and rates range somewhere between $1,365 and $1,465, depending on the time of year.
The house is available on Airbnb, but space is filling up. “I love sharing it,” Greenstein said.
The ‘Great Escape Lakeside‘ is available for families, family reunions, vacations, weddings and corporate retreats. It’s in the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest word search (although that title has since been taken by someone in India), the world’s first residential laser maze and the world’s only residential escape room.
H/T: Orlando Sentinel
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards