Act Fast: Great Singapore First Class Availability Between Los Angeles and Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Finding award availability to fly in Singapore’s first-class product can be hard. However, right now, we’re seeing fantastic award availability in the carrier’s first-class cabin on the route between Los Angeles (LAX) and Tokyo (NRT).
As reported by View From the Wing, Singapore is showing great amounts of first-class availability on the LAX-NRT route — even for two passengers. A one-way ticket in first class will cost you 95,000 KrisFlyer miles plus taxes and fees, or 190,000 KrisFlyer miles round-trip. We’re seeing open availability in both directions throughout much of July, August and September, and keep in mind that since the program’s changes in March 2017, the carrier doesn’t implement fuel surcharges on flights operated by Singapore or SilkAir.
Here are some examples of the availability we’re seeing:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 95,000 miles + $23.90 one-way for one person:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 190,000 miles + $47.80 one-way for two people:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 190,000 miles + $82.72 round-trip for one person:
On the LAX-NRT route, Singapore flies one of its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, meaning you’ll have access to its “old” first-class product. Don’t let that fool you — you’ll still get one of the best first-class experiences in the sky with a lie-flat bed and Singapore’s famous service and dining. It’s just not the carrier’s stunning new Suites product on select A380 aircraft. Check out this TPG review of the 773 first-class experience between San Francisco (SFO) and Hong Kong (HKG).
Singapore’s KrisFlyer program is a transfer partner of all of the major currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Starwood Preferred Guest. However, keep in mind that although you can transfer your points to Singapore to redeem for this first-class experience, the transfer times for the miles to arrive in your KrisFlyer account will not be instant. Chase transfers usually appear in the same day, Amex transfers appear in less than 24 hours and Citi ThankYou transfers appear in two days. You can also check out this guide for the best ways to book Singapore Airlines first class.
If you’ve been thinking about trying out Singapore’s first-class product, this is a great opportunity at the saver level and without putting yourself on the waitlist. Act fast, as this availability surely won’t last long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees