Act Fast: Great Singapore First Class Availability Between Los Angeles and Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Finding award availability to fly in Singapore’s first-class product can be hard. However, right now, we’re seeing fantastic award availability in the carrier’s first-class cabin on the route between Los Angeles (LAX) and Tokyo (NRT).
As reported by View From the Wing, Singapore is showing great amounts of first-class availability on the LAX-NRT route — even for two passengers. A one-way ticket in first class will cost you 95,000 KrisFlyer miles plus taxes and fees, or 190,000 KrisFlyer miles round-trip. We’re seeing open availability in both directions throughout much of July, August and September, and keep in mind that since the program’s changes in March 2017, the carrier doesn’t implement fuel surcharges on flights operated by Singapore or SilkAir.
Here are some examples of the availability we’re seeing:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 95,000 miles + $23.90 one-way for one person:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 190,000 miles + $47.80 one-way for two people:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 190,000 miles + $82.72 round-trip for one person:
On the LAX-NRT route, Singapore flies one of its Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, meaning you’ll have access to its “old” first-class product. Don’t let that fool you — you’ll still get one of the best first-class experiences in the sky with a lie-flat bed and Singapore’s famous service and dining. It’s just not the carrier’s stunning new Suites product on select A380 aircraft. Check out this TPG review of the 773 first-class experience between San Francisco (SFO) and Hong Kong (HKG).
Singapore’s KrisFlyer program is a transfer partner of all of the major currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Starwood Preferred Guest. However, keep in mind that although you can transfer your points to Singapore to redeem for this first-class experience, the transfer times for the miles to arrive in your KrisFlyer account will not be instant. Chase transfers usually appear in the same day, Amex transfers appear in less than 24 hours and Citi ThankYou transfers appear in two days. You can also check out this guide for the best ways to book Singapore Airlines first class.
If you’ve been thinking about trying out Singapore’s first-class product, this is a great opportunity at the saver level and without putting yourself on the waitlist. Act fast, as this availability surely won’t last long.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.