This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been wanting to get away to South America, AAct quick. American Airlines is showing great award availability on some of its routes from New York (JFK) and Miami (MIA) to several South American cities — including Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Buenos Aires (EZE) and Sao Paulo (GRU) — in business class at the sAAver level.
As reported by View From the Wing, American Airlines is showing great availability for not only one traveler but as many as four. So, not only can you get away, but you can bring the family or friends. Each of the tickets in business class will cost you 57,500 AAdvantage miles at the sAAver level plus taxes and fees. Alternatively, you could book with British Airways Avios or through Alaska Mileage Plan. Note also that some of the trips require a layover, and most are operated by an AA Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, featuring American’s best business-class product.
Here are some examples of the open availability we’re seeing:
New York (JFK) to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) for one person in April/May:
New York (JFK) to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) for four people in March/April:
New York (JFK) to Sao Paulo (GRU) for four people in April/May:
New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for one person in March/April:
Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU) for one person in March/April:
It’s pretty rare that we see this much sAAver availability with AA on its routes to deep South America, so if you’ve been looking to book a trip, now is the time. For many of these routes, there are little to no fuel surcharges. So, you’re paying just the taxes on the ticket — or a bit more, depending on the ticket.
Note that if you’re able to snag one of these tickets and are traveling via JFK or MIA, you’ll have access to American’s new Flagship First lounges. If you’re lacking in American miles, remember you can transfer points from SPG to your American account. Plus, you can sign up for the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard which is currently offering a 60,000 point sign-up bonus after spending $3,000 in the first three months of account opening.
Featured image by Agustin Diaz via Unsplash.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 60,000 miles after $3,000 spent within the first 3 months. The sign-up offer alone is worth up to $840. If you're a frequent American flyer but don't have status, additional perks that come with this card like first free checked bag on domestic AA itineraries, preferred boarding on American flights can be extremely valuable.
- For a limited time, earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- New: Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations*
- New: Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at restaurants*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- New: Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your cardmembership year and renew your card*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Receive 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights*