This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those in long-distance relationships, you know how quickly airfares can add up when traveling back and forth to see your significant other. Points can help ease that burden and make it easier to maintain the relationship.
Chase, through their Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card program, and TPG have partnered to celebrate romance this Valentine’s Day by giving away 50,000 Rapid Rewards points to five lucky readers. Those points are worth $750 according to TPG’s most recent valuations and could help a couple get round-trip flights to any one of a number of amazing Southwest destinations — what’s more romantic than a surprise getaway to somewhere like the Bahamas or Costa Rica?
Entering is easy. All you have to do is leave a comment on this Facebook post with a Southwest destination you’d travel to for a romantic getaway using 50,000 Rapid Rewards Points. Don’t forget to tag your loved one, too! We’ll be picking a winner on Friday (February 16), so be sure to submit your entries by 11:59pm ET tomorrow (February 15).
If you’re interested in amassing even more Rapid Rewards points, three Southwest co-branded credit cards are currently offering fantastic sign-up bonuses:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months. Plus, 20,000 points after you spend $12,000 in the first year.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card: Earn 60,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card: Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months. Plus, 20,000 points after you spend $12,000 in the first year.
Earning enough Rapid Rewards points — 110,000 in a year to be exact — can get you one of the most valuable and coveted perks in the travel industry: The Southwest Companion Pass. The Pass allows you to take a designated friend or family member for free on any Southwest flight you take. Note, the points received in the giveaway will not count towards a Southwest Companion Pass.
Featured image by Tomás Del Coro / Flickr.
With the Southwest Premier credit card you'll earn 6,000 points each year after your cardmember anniversary. Southwest also offers one of the most lucrative airline perks - the Companion Pass. Once you earn 110,000 points in a calendar year, you can add a companion to your flight for the cost of the taxes and fees for the remainder of the first year you earn the pass and the entire following year.
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus earn 20,000 points after you spend $12,000 within your first year.
- 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn unlimited points that don't expire as long as your card account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- No blackout dates or seat restrictions, Bags fly free® and no change fees
- Redeem your points for flights, hotel stays, gift cards, access to events and more