This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is making it easier to earn bonus miles for your Apple purchases — for one day only. On Monday, February 5, 2018, you can earn 5 miles per dollar spent on select Apple purchases made through the AAdvantage shopping portal.
In order to be eligible for the one-day elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the AAdvantage shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the HomePod is not eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap services, Bose products and expedited shipping. Unlike Apple/AA elevations of the past, there’s no language that excludes specific products, such as the iMac Pro, iPhone X and Apple TV 4K, from the bonus earning, with the exception of the HomePod.
For a store that doesn’t offer elevated mileage earning very often, this bonus is great. For example, if you purchase an iMac Pro for $4,999 and an iPhone X for $999, you’d earn 29,990 AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those miles are worth $420.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. Plus, this elevated Apple offer can be used toward meeting the $200 minimum as part of AA’s Valentine’s Day shopping portal promotion. Once you spend $200, you’ll earn a bonus 500 AAdvantage miles. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Act quick, however, as this elevation is for Monday only.
Featured image by GREG BAKER/AFP/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards