This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is making it easier to earn bonus miles for your Apple purchases — for one day only. On Monday, February 5, 2018, you can earn 5 miles per dollar spent on select Apple purchases made through the AAdvantage shopping portal.
In order to be eligible for the one-day elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the AAdvantage shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the HomePod is not eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap services, Bose products and expedited shipping. Unlike Apple/AA elevations of the past, there’s no language that excludes specific products, such as the iMac Pro, iPhone X and Apple TV 4K, from the bonus earning, with the exception of the HomePod.
For a store that doesn’t offer elevated mileage earning very often, this bonus is great. For example, if you purchase an iMac Pro for $4,999 and an iPhone X for $999, you’d earn 29,990 AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those miles are worth $420.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. Plus, this elevated Apple offer can be used toward meeting the $200 minimum as part of AA’s Valentine’s Day shopping portal promotion. Once you spend $200, you’ll earn a bonus 500 AAdvantage miles. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Act quick, however, as this elevation is for Monday only.
Featured image by GREG BAKER/AFP/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees