Today Only: Earn 5 AAdvantage Miles per Dollar on Apple Purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is making it easier to earn bonus miles for your Apple purchases — for one day only. On Monday, February 5, 2018, you can earn 5 miles per dollar spent on select Apple purchases made through the AAdvantage shopping portal.
In order to be eligible for the one-day elevated offer, you must make your eligible Apple purchases through the AAdvantage shopping portal. According to the terms and conditions, the HomePod is not eligible. Other products that aren’t eligible include gift cards, gift wrap services, Bose products and expedited shipping. Unlike Apple/AA elevations of the past, there’s no language that excludes specific products, such as the iMac Pro, iPhone X and Apple TV 4K, from the bonus earning, with the exception of the HomePod.
For a store that doesn’t offer elevated mileage earning very often, this bonus is great. For example, if you purchase an iMac Pro for $4,999 and an iPhone X for $999, you’d earn 29,990 AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those miles are worth $420.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. Plus, this elevated Apple offer can be used toward meeting the $200 minimum as part of AA’s Valentine’s Day shopping portal promotion. Once you spend $200, you’ll earn a bonus 500 AAdvantage miles. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase — especially an Apple purchase — be sure to do it through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles. Act quick, however, as this elevation is for Monday only.
Featured image by GREG BAKER/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees