Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to San Juan From $157 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from Amerian Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
As the TPG team experienced a month ago, Puerto Rico is open for tourism. When we went, we were pleasantly surprised to find it in much better condition than we expected. It also helped that we were leaving below freezing temperatures in New York and 40-degree weather in Florida for temperatures in the 80s in Puerto Rico.
While recovery is ongoing on some parts of the island, other areas are open for business and need tourism to get back to normal. So, why not escape the cold for the warm beaches, lively culture and history of San Juan?
Today, we’re finding eight departure airports with flights to San Juan (SJU) between $157 and $257 round-trip. You might be able to find cheaper fares on Spirit or Frontier, but we focused our search on full-service carriers such as JetBlue, American Airlines, United and Delta.
Airline: JetBlue, American, United, Delta
Routes: FLL/MCO/MIA/EWR/JFK/DCA/IAD/BOS to SJU
Cost: $157+ round-trip in economy
Dates: February to June, depending on the route
Booking Link: Expedia, Priceline or with the airline directly
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Juan (SJU) for $157 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Orlando (MCO) to San Juan (SJU) for $177 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU) for $191 round-trip nonstop on American:
Newark (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $237 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
New York’s JFK to San Juan (SJU) for $237 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Washington National (DCA) to San Juan (SJU) for $257 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) for $250 round-trip on Delta:
Washington Dulles (IAD) to San Juan (SJU) for $257 round-trip nonstop on United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image from dennisvdw/Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees