Cartoon Network Unveils Cruise Ship Set to Sail out of Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreams of setting sail on the high seas in a cartoon-clad cruise ship will soon be a reality with Cartoon Network’s branded project with Singapore-based Oceanic Group. Turner, the media parent company of Cartoon Network, is partnering with Asia-Pacific’s leading cruise management company to bring some of the most recognized cartoon characters to the ocean on its own cruise liner, Cartoon Network Wave.
The ship will not only feature the networks recognizable figures on its livery, but everything from guest rooms to decks will be transformed into a real-life cartoon. Onboard, the theme and entire experience will be inspired by the network’s world of beloved characters from Adventure Time — which will make up most of the livery — to The Powerpuff Girls and We Bare Bears.
The ship is set to make its maiden voyage from its home port of Singapore in late 2018. The 2,000-guest ship will have 11 guest-decks; the Cartoon Network Wave is priding itself on being “the world’s first immersive Toon vacation at sea and an adventure with their favorite Cartoon Network Stars,” according to a press release.
“Turner is always looking at new ways to bring our characters to life – and Cartoon Network Wave will be their home on the high seas. The ship has remarkable potential to offer our existing fans a truly unique immersive experience, as well as create new ones,” said Ricky Ow, the president of Turner Asia Pacific in a press release. “We couldn’t be more excited by the partnership with Oceanic Group in jointly creating a world first,” he added.
Cartoon Network already has many location-based projects including restaurants, theme parks, multiple waterparks around the world and even planes and trains. The Wave will be docked at Singapore Cruise Centre and will sail to 13 destinations in the Asia Pacific region including Malaysia, Thailand, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and Japan.
Dates for the upcoming Cartoon Network Wave will be announced in the coming months.
Images courtesy of Cartoon Network Wave
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.