Cartoon Network Unveils Cruise Ship Set to Sail out of Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreams of setting sail on the high seas in a cartoon-clad cruise ship will soon be a reality with Cartoon Network’s branded project with Singapore-based Oceanic Group. Turner, the media parent company of Cartoon Network, is partnering with Asia-Pacific’s leading cruise management company to bring some of the most recognized cartoon characters to the ocean on its own cruise liner, Cartoon Network Wave.
The ship will not only feature the networks recognizable figures on its livery, but everything from guest rooms to decks will be transformed into a real-life cartoon. Onboard, the theme and entire experience will be inspired by the network’s world of beloved characters from Adventure Time — which will make up most of the livery — to The Powerpuff Girls and We Bare Bears.
The ship is set to make its maiden voyage from its home port of Singapore in late 2018. The 2,000-guest ship will have 11 guest-decks; the Cartoon Network Wave is priding itself on being “the world’s first immersive Toon vacation at sea and an adventure with their favorite Cartoon Network Stars,” according to a press release.
“Turner is always looking at new ways to bring our characters to life – and Cartoon Network Wave will be their home on the high seas. The ship has remarkable potential to offer our existing fans a truly unique immersive experience, as well as create new ones,” said Ricky Ow, the president of Turner Asia Pacific in a press release. “We couldn’t be more excited by the partnership with Oceanic Group in jointly creating a world first,” he added.
Cartoon Network already has many location-based projects including restaurants, theme parks, multiple waterparks around the world and even planes and trains. The Wave will be docked at Singapore Cruise Centre and will sail to 13 destinations in the Asia Pacific region including Malaysia, Thailand, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and Japan.
Dates for the upcoming Cartoon Network Wave will be announced in the coming months.
Images courtesy of Cartoon Network Wave
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees