This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreams of setting sail on the high seas in a cartoon-clad cruise ship will soon be a reality with Cartoon Network’s branded project with Singapore-based Oceanic Group. Turner, the media parent company of Cartoon Network, is partnering with Asia-Pacific’s leading cruise management company to bring some of the most recognized cartoon characters to the ocean on its own cruise liner, Cartoon Network Wave.
The ship will not only feature the networks recognizable figures on its livery, but everything from guest rooms to decks will be transformed into a real-life cartoon. Onboard, the theme and entire experience will be inspired by the network’s world of beloved characters from Adventure Time — which will make up most of the livery — to The Powerpuff Girls and We Bare Bears.
The ship is set to make its maiden voyage from its home port of Singapore in late 2018. The 2,000-guest ship will have 11 guest-decks; the Cartoon Network Wave is priding itself on being “the world’s first immersive Toon vacation at sea and an adventure with their favorite Cartoon Network Stars,” according to a press release.
“Turner is always looking at new ways to bring our characters to life – and Cartoon Network Wave will be their home on the high seas. The ship has remarkable potential to offer our existing fans a truly unique immersive experience, as well as create new ones,” said Ricky Ow, the president of Turner Asia Pacific in a press release. “We couldn’t be more excited by the partnership with Oceanic Group in jointly creating a world first,” he added.
Cartoon Network already has many location-based projects including restaurants, theme parks, multiple waterparks around the world and even planes and trains. The Wave will be docked at Singapore Cruise Centre and will sail to 13 destinations in the Asia Pacific region including Malaysia, Thailand, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia and Japan.
Dates for the upcoming Cartoon Network Wave will be announced in the coming months.
Images courtesy of Cartoon Network Wave
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards