This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Through March 16, 2018, Hilton is offering a bonus when you purchase Honors points. There are two versions of this promotion: all Honors members are eligible for 80% bonus points, and Amex co-branded cardholders are eligible for a 100% bonus.
Without any bonus, Hilton sells its Honors points for 1 cent apiece. With the 80% bonus, you’ll be able to purchase points for just 0.56 cents apiece, so you’d be paying slightly less than TPG’s most recent valuation of 0.6 cents apiece — a savings of 0.04 cents per point. In order to get the 80% bonus, you must purchase at least 5,000 points, and they must be purchased in 1,000-point increments.
If you’re a cardholder of a Hilton co-branded American Express card, you’re eligible for even more bonus points. Through March 16, 2018, you’re eligible to earn a 100% bonus on purchased Honors points. With the 100% bonus, you’ll end up paying 0.5 cents per point — .1 cent less than TPG’s most recent valuation.
Keep in mind that you can only purchase up to 80,000 points per calendar year with Hilton. For both versions of this promo, you must purchase by March 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET in order to qualify for the bonus points.
If you have a specific redemption in mind, this could be worth taking advantage of. You could also consider signing up for one of the Amex co-branded credit cards, such as the new Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card or the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, in time to qualify for the 100% bonus, as well as to earn up to 100,000 points through the sign-up bonus.
Featured image by Hilton.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees