This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: This offer is no longer available.
Through March 16, 2018, Hilton is offering a bonus when you purchase Honors points. There are two versions of this promotion: all Honors members are eligible for 80% bonus points, and Amex co-branded cardholders are eligible for a 100% bonus.
Without any bonus, Hilton sells its Honors points for 1 cent apiece. With the 80% bonus, you’ll be able to purchase points for just 0.56 cents apiece, so you’d be paying slightly less than TPG’s most recent valuation of 0.6 cents apiece — a savings of 0.04 cents per point. In order to get the 80% bonus, you must purchase at least 5,000 points, and they must be purchased in 1,000-point increments.
If you’re a cardholder of a Hilton co-branded American Express card, you’re eligible for even more bonus points. Through March 16, 2018, you’re eligible to earn a 100% bonus on purchased Honors points. With the 100% bonus, you’ll end up paying 0.5 cents per point — .1 cent less than TPG’s most recent valuation.
Keep in mind that you can only purchase up to 80,000 points per calendar year with Hilton. For both versions of this promo, you must purchase by March 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET in order to qualify for the bonus points.
Featured image by Hilton.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards