Amex Sending Targeted Bonus Offers on Point Transfers to JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
TPG readers have received a targeted American Express promotion offering a 10-30% bonus for transferring Membership Rewards points to JetBlue.
The standard transfer rate between Amex and JetBlue is 250 Membership Rewards points for 200 TrueBlue points. However, folks are seeing three tiers of targeted bonus offers:
- 30% bonus (250 Amex MR : 260 JetBlue TrueBlue)
- 20% bonus (250 Amex MR : 240 JetBlue TrueBlue)
- 10% bonus (250 Amex MR : 220 JetBlue TrueBlue)
- No bonus (250 Amex MR : 200 JetBlue TrueBlue)
Some of our TPG Lounge members shared screenshots of their targeted promotion rates. For instance, Michele J. received the coveted 30% transfer promotion rate at 250 Amex points to 260 JetBlue points:
TPG Lounge member Brittany C. received a 250:240 transfer rate, or a 20% bonus:
Brittany mentioned having around 100,000 Membership Rewards points in her account, but she has never transferred to JetBlue in the past. This fact led fellow TPG Lounge member Kyle H. to speculate that “This seems to be an offer to get people to add JetBlue, possibly with a sliding scale [based on] number of points.”
This isn’t the first bonus offer American Express has run for JetBlue transfers. The card company ran a 25% promotion twice in 2017, and has offered a 30% promotion before as well. In his most recent monthly valuations, TPG pegs Membership Rewards points as being worth 1.9 cents each, while JetBlue TrueBlue points are only worth 1.3 cents each. So even with the top 30% transfer bonus, this offer wouldn’t be the best use of Amex points, but it might make sense if you have a stash of existing JetBlue points and you’re topping off for an award redemption.
Don’t have a lot of Membership Rewards points? You can earn them with a number of Amex credit cards, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express, the Amex Everyday® Credit Card from American Express and the Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express, just to name a few. Check out our guide on “Choosing the Best American Express Card for You” if you’re not sure where to start.
If you’re one of the lucky targeted customers, the promotion is valid until March 25, 2018. The minimum transfer amount is 250 MR points, and remember that Amex charges a fee of $0.0006 per point for transfers to domestic points and miles programs, with a maximum of $99 per transfer.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured photo by Eric Helgas for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees