This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines has introduced a new tool that makes it even easier to earn extra miles when shopping online. The Mileage Plan Shopping Button is a new extension for Google Chrome browsers that allows you to earn Alaska miles without having to click through its shopping portal.
While not a huge change, the new extension will make it easier for you to remember to earn bonus miles through the Alaska portal when shopping online. A notification will appear on screen when visiting an eligible website, asking if you want to activate the mileage bonus.
Clicking on the button will bring up your recent mileage earnings. As another bonus of the extension, when you search on Google, there’s be a badge showing if a website is part of Alaska’s shopping portal.
Online shopping portals are an easy way to earn extra miles for shopping. By logging in and just clicking through an airline or bank’s shopping portal, you can earn anywhere from one, two or even dozens of extra miles per dollar spent. This is on top of the points you earn from your credit card.
Alaska miles are some of the more valuable in the points and miles game but can be difficult to earn. Installing the chrome browser and signing up for a card like the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card, which is currently offering a 30,000-mile bonus after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of account opening, are a good way to start racking up currency with the Mileage Plan program.
Featured image by Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards