This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines has introduced a new tool that makes it even easier to earn extra miles when shopping online. The Mileage Plan Shopping Button is a new extension for Google Chrome browsers that allows you to earn Alaska miles without having to click through its shopping portal.
While not a huge change, the new extension will make it easier for you to remember to earn bonus miles through the Alaska portal when shopping online. A notification will appear on screen when visiting an eligible website, asking if you want to activate the mileage bonus.
Clicking on the button will bring up your recent mileage earnings. As another bonus of the extension, when you search on Google, there’s be a badge showing if a website is part of Alaska’s shopping portal.
Online shopping portals are an easy way to earn extra miles for shopping. By logging in and just clicking through an airline or bank’s shopping portal, you can earn anywhere from one, two or even dozens of extra miles per dollar spent. This is on top of the points you earn from your credit card.
Alaska miles are some of the more valuable in the points and miles game but can be difficult to earn. Installing the chrome browser and signing up for a card like the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card, which is currently offering a 30,000-mile bonus after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days of account opening, are a good way to start racking up currency with the Mileage Plan program.
Featured image by Shutterstock.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees