This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just after Delta’s flash sale, Alaska launched its own sale fares for award flights this afternoon. Travelers based in Texas or on the West Coast will benefit the most from these deals, which begin at 10,000 Mileage Plan miles and $12 round-trip.
In order to take advantage of these flash sale rates, you must purchase your award flight by February 19.
Sample deals include:
Some of the best sale rates include Hawaii options from Bellingham, WA (BLI) starting from 12,500 miles and $6 one-way:
If you need some additional Mileage Plan miles to take advantage of this sale, you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points or Virgin America Elevate points, or utilize unused Starwood points to top up your account. And don’t forget that you can take advantage of stopovers on one-way award flights.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees