This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just after Delta’s flash sale, Alaska launched its own sale fares for award flights this afternoon. Travelers based in Texas or on the West Coast will benefit the most from these deals, which begin at 10,000 Mileage Plan miles and $12 round-trip.
In order to take advantage of these flash sale rates, you must purchase your award flight by February 19.
Sample deals include:
Some of the best sale rates include Hawaii options from Bellingham, WA (BLI) starting from 12,500 miles and $6 one-way:
If you need some additional Mileage Plan miles to take advantage of this sale, you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points or Virgin America Elevate points, or utilize unused Starwood points to top up your account. And don’t forget that you can take advantage of stopovers on one-way award flights.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees