This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just after Delta’s flash sale, Alaska launched its own sale fares for award flights this afternoon. Travelers based in Texas or on the West Coast will benefit the most from these deals, which begin at 10,000 Mileage Plan miles and $12 round-trip.
In order to take advantage of these flash sale rates, you must purchase your award flight by February 19.
Sample deals include:
Some of the best sale rates include Hawaii options from Bellingham, WA (BLI) starting from 12,500 miles and $6 one-way:
If you need some additional Mileage Plan miles to take advantage of this sale, you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points or Virgin America Elevate points, or utilize unused Starwood points to top up your account. And don’t forget that you can take advantage of stopovers on one-way award flights.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards