Earn 500 Bonus Alaska Miles With Valentine’s Day Shopping Portal Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Alaska Airlines is offering bonus miles for making purchases through the Mileage Plan shopping portal. Through February 11, 2018, you can earn bonus miles for meeting a minimum spend requirement.
During the “500 Reasons to Say I Love You” promotion, if you spend $150, you’ll earn 500 bonus Alaska miles. The promotion runs until February 11, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. According to the terms and conditions, you must spend a total of $150 on cumulative purchases during the promotional period, and the 500-mile bonus will only be awarded once to each Mileage Plan member during the promotional period, no matter the total spent.
Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $9.50 — not a bad return on your Valentine’s Day purchases. If you’re new to Mileage Plan, check out this post for five things to know about the program.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.