This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Alaska Airlines is offering bonus miles for making purchases through the Mileage Plan shopping portal. Through February 11, 2018, you can earn bonus miles for meeting a minimum spend requirement.
During the “500 Reasons to Say I Love You” promotion, if you spend $150, you’ll earn 500 bonus Alaska miles. The promotion runs until February 11, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. According to the terms and conditions, you must spend a total of $150 on cumulative purchases during the promotional period, and the 500-mile bonus will only be awarded once to each Mileage Plan member during the promotional period, no matter the total spent.
Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $9.50 — not a bad return on your Valentine’s Day purchases. If you’re new to Mileage Plan, check out this post for five things to know about the program.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn bonus miles.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards