This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Alaska Airlines is offering bonus miles for making purchases through the Mileage Plan shopping portal. Through February 11, 2018, you can earn bonus miles for meeting a minimum spend requirement.
During the “500 Reasons to Say I Love You” promotion, if you spend $150, you’ll earn 500 bonus Alaska miles. The promotion runs until February 11, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. According to the terms and conditions, you must spend a total of $150 on cumulative purchases during the promotional period, and the 500-mile bonus will only be awarded once to each Mileage Plan member during the promotional period, no matter the total spent.
Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $9.50 — not a bad return on your Valentine’s Day purchases. If you’re new to Mileage Plan, check out this post for five things to know about the program.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn bonus miles.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees