Alaska Airlines to Offer Free Vino on National Drink Wine Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines already has an popular incentive for wine drinkers who participate in the airline’s frequent flyer program, Mileage Plan; travelers can check a case of wine for free from select West Coast cities. Now, the airline is extending the program to include more cities in California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington State. To help ring in the launch of the new locales, Alaska Airlines is offering a free glass of wine to passengers (21 and older) on select flights this Sunday, February 18 — which also happens to be National Drink Wine Day.
With the expansion of the Wine Flies Free program, there are now 29 cities on the list, all with close proximity to vineyards and winemakers on the West Coast. Many wineries do not ship cases of wine directly to consumers because of restrictions and it often becomes very costly to do so. The airline’s Wine Flies Free program, which launched in 2007, hopes to alleviate winos’ woes by allowing Mileage Plan members to check up to 12 bottles of wine on their flights.
“Wine and food are huge passion points for travelers when choosing their next travel destination,” said Natalie Bowman, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of marketing and advertising in a press release. “Our Wine Flies Free program makes it easier for our guests to experience some of the country’s best wine regions and take their favorite wines home. We look forward to toasting our guests in-flight on National Drink Wine Day, and continuing to work with our partners to welcome visitors to these premier wine destinations that we serve.”
Alaska Airlines is working closely with regional associations, wineries and marketing organizations to promote their Wine Flies Free program throughout the wine regions on the West Coast.
The following cities are now eligible for the Wine Flies Free program:
- Orange County
- Palm Springs
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
- Sanata Rose
- Walla Walla
Featured photo by Chalabala/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.