This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is warning customers flight disruptions are possible on Thursday, February 22, due to a staff strike.
The airline expects to operate on a reduced flight schedule of 50% of its long-haul departures, 75% of medium-haul departures and 85% of short-haul departures. The company says it will notify customers whose flights are cancelled the day before departure by text message or e-mail.
Customers are also encouraged to check the status of Air France or Joon flights, as schedule changes are ongoing. The airline is also offering rebooking options at no extra cost.
Any customer with a valid Air France ticket issued on or before February 19 for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on February 22 can move the trip to February 21 or postpone to between February 23 and 27.
Customers can also postpone after February 27, change the country of origin or destination or cancel the trip. In that case, Air France will give a nonrefundable voucher valid for one year to be used on Air France, Joon, KLM or Hop! flights.
Refunds will be offered if a customer decides not to travel, or if a flight is cancelled or delayed for more than five hours.
The strike is the result of a dispute with several Air France staff unions over pay.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards