Watch a RyanAir Passenger Escape by Jumping out the Emergency Exit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A distressed passenger aboard a Ryanair flight jumped out of the aircraft’s emergency exit in Malaga, Spain.
After being delayed on the tarmac for over an hour on departure from London Stansted and then another 30 minutes upon landing in Malaga, the upset passenger opened the emergency exit and made his way onto the wing. With luggage in hand, he almost jumped down onto the tarmac but was convinced by fellow passengers and Ryanair crew to come back on board.
According to Fernando del Valle Villalobos who was aboard the flight, the man “very calmly asked permission to get past, opened the emergency exit, looked out, saw the wing, went back for his backpack.”
“He activated the emergency door and left, saying, ‘I’m going via the wing’. It was surreal,” Villalobos told The Daily Mail.
The incident occurred on January 1st after Ryanair 8164 landed in Malaga (AGP) traveling from London’s Stansted airport (STN). The regularly scheduled flight was operated by Boeing 737-800 landing in the Southern Spanish city at 11:12pm local time, according to FlightRadar24.
After the passenger came back on board Villalobos said that the man, reportedly a 57-year old Polish national, told the pilot he disembarked because he was sick of waiting. Fellow passenger Raj Mistry told the Daily Mail that the man suffered from asthma and that he left because he needed fresh air.
A spokesman for Ryanair told The Guardian that “Malaga airport police immediately arrested the passenger in question and since this was a breach of Spanish safety and security regulations, it is being dealt with by the Spanish authorities.”
Watch a clip of the action below:
Featured image by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees