Watch a RyanAir Passenger Escape by Jumping out the Emergency Exit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A distressed passenger aboard a Ryanair flight jumped out of the aircraft’s emergency exit in Malaga, Spain.
After being delayed on the tarmac for over an hour on departure from London Stansted and then another 30 minutes upon landing in Malaga, the upset passenger opened the emergency exit and made his way onto the wing. With luggage in hand, he almost jumped down onto the tarmac but was convinced by fellow passengers and Ryanair crew to come back on board.
According to Fernando del Valle Villalobos who was aboard the flight, the man “very calmly asked permission to get past, opened the emergency exit, looked out, saw the wing, went back for his backpack.”
“He activated the emergency door and left, saying, ‘I’m going via the wing’. It was surreal,” Villalobos told The Daily Mail.
The incident occurred on January 1st after Ryanair 8164 landed in Malaga (AGP) traveling from London’s Stansted airport (STN). The regularly scheduled flight was operated by Boeing 737-800 landing in the Southern Spanish city at 11:12pm local time, according to FlightRadar24.
After the passenger came back on board Villalobos said that the man, reportedly a 57-year old Polish national, told the pilot he disembarked because he was sick of waiting. Fellow passenger Raj Mistry told the Daily Mail that the man suffered from asthma and that he left because he needed fresh air.
A spokesman for Ryanair told The Guardian that “Malaga airport police immediately arrested the passenger in question and since this was a breach of Spanish safety and security regulations, it is being dealt with by the Spanish authorities.”
Watch a clip of the action below:
Featured image by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.