Deal Alert: US Cities to China in Delta Premium Economy From $597 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Just a few years ago, flights to China used to be quite costly. Now, thanks to competition from mainland Chinese airlines, you can reliably find cheap flights in economy under $600 round-trip if you’re flexible on dates and departure airport. However, we’ve yet to see premium economy to Asia at these incredible rates — until today.
Delta is offering excellent rates from multiple US departure cities to Asia in premium economy starting at just $597 round-trip. Even better: the US domestic legs book into first class!
Make sure to route yourself through Detroit (DTW) to try out Delta’s brand new A350 Premium Select product for the long flight across the Pacific. TPG got a chance to check out this brand new product on the inaugural flight from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo’s Narita (NRT). Read the full review here.
You can’t take advantage of China’s “visa-free transit” policy unless you book a separate ticket to visit to a third country. So, make sure you get the right visa before traveling or you won’t even be able to get on the plane. TPG recommends using a third-party service like Allied Passport & Visa and if you mention The Points Guy on your order form, you’ll get a $5 discount.
Routes: MCO, BOS, ORD, BWI to PEK
Cost: $596+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: February-April 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Orlando (MCO) to Beijing (PEK) for $596 round-trip per person:
Boston (BOS) to Beijing (PEK) for $615 round-trip per person:
Chicago (ORD) to Beijing (PEK) for $654 round-trip per person:
Baltimore (BWI) to Beijing (PEK) for $667 round-trip per person:
Maximize Your Purchase
Be sure to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by zhudifeng via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees